Default 17 Year Old Seeks Emancipation

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Oklahoma.

I just have one question. I am a 17 year old who is turning 18 in May. I have already graduated high school. I have a good job that pays me $450 biweekly. My mom and I have been discussing emancipation. She was actually the one to bring it up. I was just wondering if emancipation would even be possible? I don't want to waste my time and money just to be told no. The state I live in is Oklahoma. I currently do live with my mother, just thought I should include that as well.

Default Re: 17 Year Old Seeks Emancipation

You’ve stated nothing that would suggest emancipation is either necessary or viable. Beyond that, given your age and the fact you have such a small amount of income, it would be better to save your money for when you can walk away from your mothers home legally.

Why do you believe emancipation would benefit you?

btw, $450 biweekly is not even close to adequate to paying your life costs

Default Re: 17 Year Old Seeks Emancipation

I am asking this question for a reason, since in your state emancipation does not mean quite what it does in some other states.

What do you think emancipation would gain you? Whether it would be an option for you or not would depend on what you are looking for it to do. In most states the answer would be not just no but hell, no. However, depending on why you want it, in your state there is a very slight possibility that it would be an option.

1. Sponsored Links