Default Can Convicted Felons Hang Out As Friends

My question involves criminal law for the state of:
    Minnesota

Both females are convicted felons. Actually one of them is on felony probation at the moment. The other just was released from jail from aiding and embetting a armed robbery her bond was 50 grand.

Her bf was the person that did the armed robbery he got 1st degree degree armed robbery. I'm unsure what her charges be. She got aiding and embetting

My friend in Minnesota wants to hang out with the person that did the aiding and embetting. She has 2 kids and just got out of jail for serving 10 days for her felony.

I told her not to do it. Im in Arizona and in Arizona 2 felons can't hang out exspectially if they are on parole or probation or on pretrial release.

Default Re: Can 2 Convicted Felons in Minnesota Hang Out As Friends

Generally speaking, the probation/parole terms just about anywhere are going to include not to keep company with other felons/criminals so yeah it's a bad idea.

Your friend needs to find new friends that are not criminals.

I doubt that there is any crime in two convicted felons not on probation or parole hanging out together. However, if one or both of them have conditions of probation or parole that prevent such association, the party or parties in violation could be returned to custody. If they do not KNOW the conditions of their parole or probation on this matter, it is probably a good idea to avoid each other.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I agree u guys but she says her condions don't state that. I think she's lying. One is my cousins. She's 33 and the other is 27 I think. It's terrible all the way around it.

Quote Quoting Tpatzo2018
    View Post
    I agree u guys but she says her condions don't state that. I think she's lying. One is my cousins. She's 33 and the other is 27 I think. It's terrible all the way around it.
    It's her freedom she is messing with if it is a violation. Clearly, she's already made some poor life choices - what's one more? You cannot save everyone from themselves.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Tpatzo2018
    View Post
    Ultimately it's not your problem. There isn't much you can do about it being in Arizona anyway. If your cousin wants to be stupid, that's her issue and unfortunately her kids will pay for her selfish decisions.

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

1. Sponsored Links