Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can You Publicize a Judgment With Online Video

My question involves judgment recovery in the State of:TX

is putting judgement records,on video youtube or my own website ok ?
    make them searchable by google/yahoo so anyone looking on their name see they have judgement and owe money

is there any legal issue in making judgement records highly visible

Default Re: Publicizing a Judgment With Online Video

The judgment and court file are public record.

Generally, a defense to a defamation lawsuit is truth, which you would certainly have in your favor.

However, if you are doing this to publicly castigate your enemy, which can only be with malicious intent to inflict emotional harm, you can take comfort in the fact that Texas case law doesn't appear to punish people for doing that.

That being said, nothing actually prevents a lawsuit from being handed to you. Once that happens you are likely faced with paying a lawyer $10,000 or $20,000 or more to defend you and you don't get that money back even if you win.

My advice: Don't do it.

If you aren't capable of enforcing your judgment with all the court backed methods available to you, then suck up your loss and get on with your life.

Nothing good will come from what you are planning and it's certainly unlikely to get you the money you are owed.

Quote Quoting texan123
    View Post
    make them searchable by google/yahoo so anyone looking on their name see they have judgement and owe money
    I think AdjusterJack gave you a good response. We don't know you, the defendant, or your relationship, so we can't evaluate whether doing such a thing would piss the defendant off enough to sue you. And we don't know all the possibly relevant background so we don't know how likely it would be that they would prevail if they sued you. They would certainly have a high hurdle to come up facts to support defamation, but that might not stop them from trying. For instance, if you simply posted something on your web site where you complain about all kinds of things and all kinds of people, and your complaint is simply that you have a judgment against Joe Blow and he's not paying it, then it doesn't seem to me like Joe Blow would have a good case against you. But if you e-mailed a link to your web site to Joe's employer and all of his friends and said "see how Joe Blow is a bad person who should be fired and shunned from polite society", then he might have a better case against you. So basically, the bottom line, it's not a good idea.

If you need help trying to collect your judgment, then you could post questions here.

Concur with Jack.

You might FEEL better about doing this, but I think it will ultimately come back to bite you, and bite you very hard. The judgement is already a matter of public record, easily found by anyone who would care to look. The fact is, most people don't care, and you waving it around at people is only going to make you look bad and open you up to the possibility of all manner of harassment charges.

Quote Quoting texan123
    View Post
    My question involves judgment recovery in the State of:TX

There is one other thing you can do without risking the internet thing.

And that's to record a copy of the judgment with the county Recorder or repository of public records. A recorded judgment will give the defendant a few additional issues to contend with in the future during the life of the judgment.

How to find assets of defendant any software names used by skiptracers ?
    how to motivate defendant making public unpaid judgement ?

thanks all
    Im back after few years as i moved to other state
    Yes judgement is recorded in the county he lives at that time ,which is next to my county at that time ,I moved to another state

if i were to authorize paralegal to represent me ,looks like can file writ of execution in small claims court
    how to collect as he owns small business only asset his vehicle and not sure what else ,so not employee to garnish wage
    how to skip tracers find assets owned by person ,if any special software that law firms ,they use or skip tracers use for bigger cases ?

found by googling there are few softwares but dont know what they are to find assets

hes on linkedin profile
    hes not responding to emails

I don’t know any state a paralegal is licensed to practice law, which is what representing you would be.

Quote Quoting texan123
    View Post
    he owns small business
    Depending on the type of business you can either have the court order a

Till tap - A Till Tap sends a Deputy Sheriff into the business to take all cash and checks out of the cash register. You pay a fee to the sheriff each time he goes out.

Levy accounts receivable. Requires knowing who the customers are and how and when they get billed and pay. Also fee heavy.

Unfortunately, the risk is that fees can exceed amounts collected.

Equally unfortunate - deadbeats don't pay.

thanks
    this is small claims court and amount less than 10k
    he doesnt have brick mortal cash register ,more like a service outsourcing ,where he sends his contractors to jobs
    any tools to find bank accounts used by his business ?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Depending on the type of business you can either have the court order a

Till tap - A Till Tap sends a Deputy Sheriff into the business to take all cash and checks out of the cash register. You pay a fee to the sheriff each time he goes out.

Levy accounts receivable. Requires knowing who the customers are and how and when they get billed and pay. Also fee heavy.

Unfortunately, the risk is that fees can exceed amounts collected.

Equally unfortunate - deadbeats don't pay.

No there are no such tools.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast