Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Classification of Pizza Delivery Drivers

As I think that pizza delivery is a cash business, I doubt that there is coverage for insurance, workers comp and the delivery guy/gal uses their own car and their own insurance.

So if OP has some agreement to let his delivery guy deliver pizza for someone else, he should go for it if he makes some money off the deal. This is not big business.

Default Re: Can I Share My Pizza Delivery Guy

Yes.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    As I think that pizza delivery is a cash business, I doubt that there is coverage for insurance, workers comp and the delivery guy/gal uses their own car and their own insurance.

So if OP has some agreement to let his delivery guy deliver pizza for someone else, he should go for it if he makes some money off the deal. This is not big business.
    So you are just going to assume the OP is breaking the law? I'm not prepared to do that.

Then don't. But that is the way it works. It's strictly a cash business. The delivery guys are told they are IC's responsible for their own insurance, gas, repairs, etc. They get a stipend for the delivery and whatever they receive as tips. They are not employees.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Then don't. But that is the way it works. It's strictly a cash business. The delivery guys are told they are IC's responsible for their own insurance, gas, repairs, etc. They get a stipend for the delivery and whatever they receive as tips. They are not employees.
    You seem to be under the misconception that all pizza places operate the same. I have a pizza place client that operates 100% within the law. Drivers are employees, tips are reported.

Since the OP is asking if something is legal, at least that's what I assume he is asking, there is no reason to think he is breaking other laws while concerning himself with this one.

If you know that as a fact, you must be a partner in the business.

It may be different if the pizzeria sends out employees when they are not doing other duties. That can happen. They would be on salary. But that is not how it is done when all they do is deliver pizza.

What I am talking about is what we think of as our neighborhood pizzeria, not a national chain.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Only if the pizza place is misclassifying employees as contractors. Not all of them do that. In fact, I would hazard a guess that the majority of them do not do that.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    The delivery guys are told they are IC's responsible for their own insurance, gas, repairs, etc. They get a stipend for the delivery and whatever they receive as tips. They are not employees.
    They likely are employees, notwithstanding whatever the pizza shop owner says they are. And if they are employees, the employer needs to have the worker's comp, unemployment, tax withholding, etc.

Then you would be wrong. The margins on pizza are not something that a pizzeria makes much money on when it is delivered. You are over thinking this entire thread.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Then you would be wrong. The margins on pizza are not something that a pizzeria makes much money on when it is delivered. You are over thinking this entire thread.
    Who is wrong about what? Margins have nothing to do with whether the delivery person is properly classified as an employee.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast