Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Should I sue? psychic medium vs community center

Quote Quoting Diamethyst
    View Post
    The Bible does refer to prophets who foretell things to come. That's psychic any way you wanna cut it.
    Granted. However, psychics are not an integral part of the practice of the Christian religion today (just ask me; I've been a practicing Christian for over fifty years) and it does not provide the OP with any legal recourse.

Quote Quoting Diamethyst
    View Post
    The Bible does refer to prophets who foretell things to come. That's psychic any way you wanna cut it.
    Actually, I don't think so. The prophets in the Christian Bible were not people who had some innate power to foretell the future, as psychics seem to claim they are able to do. Rather, the term prophet more properly meant "messenger of God." The role of the prophet was to communicate God's message to the world, or rather more specifically, to the Jews. When the prophet foretold events, he or she was simply communicating what God had told the prophet was coming. Thus it was God who was predicting the future, not the prophet. The power of the prophet was in his/her ability to communicate with God, not some special power to predict the future.

Quote Quoting Diamethyst
    View Post
    To add to what Tax said, have you ever heard of Sister Lucy of Fatima? When the Blessed Virgin appeared to her and her two friends in 1917 she foretold to Lucy 3 secrets. Secret 2 was:

---You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI. When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine, and persecutions of the Church and of the Holy Father.---

The Magnificent Aurora Borealis of Jan. 1938 was the sign of the great war to break out under the reign of Pius 11th.

Scientists claimed it was the AB, Lucy said it her sign from the Blessed Virgin. She was not a Medium. If one does not believe it, then it was just that, an AB. If one believes Sister Lucy, as I do, but I don't want to debate that part, then it is a Miracle, not attributed to any fortune teller.

Why are we assuming that psychics are not religious? Heck, half of the psychics know they have a phony act and are only into it for the money. Does the op believe they discrimination because they thing the person does not follow any religion or just a particular time? What if the op was part of the Flying Spaghetti Monkey cult (cult = all religions).

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Actually, I don't think so. The prophets in the Christian Bible were not people who had some innate power to foretell the future, as psychics seem to claim they are able to do. Rather, the term prophet more properly meant "messenger of God." The role of the prophet was to communicate God's message to the world, or rather more specifically, to the Jews. When the prophet foretold events, he or she was simply communicating what God had told the prophet was coming. Thus it was God who was predicting the future, not the prophet. The power of the prophet was in his/her ability to communicate with God, not some special power to predict the future.
    Taxing Matters, Thank You !

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3