Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Misleading Advertising on the Part of a College

Hi, to clarify, Iím a girl, I understand that I canít do anything legally, and I appreciate all types of advice from anyone.

Thank you to everyone who has replied to me.

No offense was meant by using the male pronoun. It could have just as easily been she but he has one less letter to type. Unfortunately there really isn't a good gender neutral pronoun. "They" seems to be gaining popularity buy it always sounds plural to my old ears.

Just as there was no offense meant by that none is meant by what I'm about to write.

You have been raised in a generation that feels it has a certain level of entitlement. You have shown some of that in this thread. Every little thing will not be handed nor explained to you in life. When they did tell you that in-county residents had preference you should have understood that meant that not everyone that applies will get in. Now you have been told that you could become an in-county resident but I'm betting that not all of them always get in either.

But as I have already said you weren't turned down. You never applied. You also said that one out of county student has been in the program. You could well have become the second.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    No offense was meant by using the male pronoun. It could have just as easily been she but he has one less letter to type. Unfortunately there really isn't a good gender neutral pronoun. "They" seems to be gaining popularity buy it always sounds plural to my old ears.

Just as there was no offense meant by that none is meant by what I'm about to write.

You have been raised in a generation that feels it has a certain level of entitlement. You have shown some of that in this thread. Every little thing will not be handed nor explained to you in life. When they did tell you that in-county residents had preference you should have understood that meant that not everyone that applies will get in. Now you have been told that you could become an in-county resident but I'm betting that not all of them always get in either.

But as I have already said you weren't turned down. You never applied. You also said that one out of county student has been in the program. You could well have become the second.
    Well, you donít know who I am. I have never blamed my lifeís misfortunes on anyone but myself. I know I was stupid; I called myself stupid previously in this thread. My only single concern is the other stupid kids like myself who have been and will be hurt by this. I still believe their presentation was misleading, and I still think the school should have gone about things differently. Thatís my opinion.

I came onto this thread for legal advice, not scrutiny of my character. I made a mistake. I feel that at this point, I have learned that fifty times over.

I am not going to reply to this thread anymore because I think my question has been answered to my satisfaction. Thank you to everyone who replied.

Quote Quoting Ara
    View Post
    Well, you don’t know who I am. I have never blamed my life’s misfortunes on anyone but myself. I know I was stupid;
    The entire point of your original post was to blame the school.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3