Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Can I Be Libel for Having a Sign in My Yard

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    I have asked him for the fence prior to the sign. This is a National Builder of Homes ( XXXXX). You would think they would want good neighbors . 4k to then is lunch money. I did say I would remove the sign if they told me they would install a fence.
    $4k to them has the same buying power as $4K does for you. Since your original subject was "Can I Be Libel for Having a Sign in My Yard" that question can not be answered other than "YES" unless we know what the sign says.

Agree. We really need to know what the sign says before we can give you proper information about what you might do. I don't understand your continued refusal to tell us what the sign says - you're allowing all of your neighbours, the builder, and anyone else within eyeshot of the sign to see what it says, why can't we know what it says?

(And what does "Female review" mean?)

the sign says "female review" came from a yard sale. was used for a local bar years ago. I just used his sign. The builder's own man fell off the cliff one day when it was wet. Dangerous.

It says"female review" see prior remarks

It was a sign for a bar years ago that had dancing girls, if you know what I mean,? see prior posts. The sign was purchased at a yard sale by my neighbor a few years ago. Plastic and 6 ft. long.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    it's a plastic 6 foot long sign. Was originally used for a bar years ago.My neighbor purchased it from a yard sale. Sign on my private property . I sold the land to a developer which in turn sold the finished lots to a builder. The builder is the one that caused the 15 foot hill. I want the builder just to put a fence up.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    it's a plastic 6 foot long sign. Was originally used for a bar years ago.My neighbor purchased it from a yard sale. Sign on my private property . I sold the land to a developer which in turn sold the finished lots to a builder. The builder is the one that caused the 15 foot hill. I want the builder just to put a fence up.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    the sign says "female review" came from a yard sale. was used for a local bar years ago. I just used his sign. The builder's own man fell off the cliff one day when it was wet. Dangerous.

It says"female review" see prior remarks

It was a sign for a bar years ago that had dancing girls, if you know what I mean,? see prior posts. The sign was purchased at a yard sale by my neighbor a few years ago. Plastic and 6 ft. long.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    Unless the sign has pics of naked ladies or people engaged in sexual activity on it, the builder cannot legally force you to remove the sign. The builder is also not legally required to build a fence. If the builder decides to just live with the sign being there on your property, that's his legal right and you have no legal recourse.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    Copying what you've said before isn't going to change the fact that you are completely unable to legally force the builder to put a fence up. Period.

Just the words "female review". I want a fence not the sign.Builder created the cliff, he should take responsibility.

Thought I was answering what the sign said

Thought I was answering what the sign said

Builder created a cliff on his own property. Builder is legally free to do this. Builder is not legally required to build a fence on his own property (or your property either, for that matter). There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to force the builder to build a fence. (Just as there's nothing the builder can do to force you to remove a sign from your property.)

As it's more than a little tiresome to have to explain some pretty basic concepts over and over, I sincerely hope you are able to understand all this now.

if you could read the prior notes, I would not have to explain it to you over and over.

Quote Quoting mike oc
    View Post
    if you could read the prior notes, I would not have to explain it to you over and over.
    Ummm...it's me that's having to explain things over and over to you. (Good golly, how hilarious that you can't even understand that!) And I'm getting very tired of doing so.

I have read all your posts (including the ones you deleted for some mysterious reason), and the legal information you're looking for is this:

You have no legal recourse in this matter. You cannot legally force the builder to put up a fence. Period.

That's just about the clearest I can be. If you still can't manage to understand it, well, I give up.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast