Default Who to Name As a Respondent in a Protection Order Against Police Harassment

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Ohio

My university harassed me from the years 2002 through 2014. From 2011 -- 2012, I was viciously harassed by an academic adviser. I threatened litigation. It appears that the university flagged me as a legal threat to the university police department, and now I am encountering harassment everywhere I go, including my current apartment complex. I have an abdundance of evidence including voice recordings and video recordings of threats, assaults and harassment. The police have provided admissions in my police encounters (deprived protection every time) that they are behind the harassment. This is 100% proven with the evidence I have (pretty much).

If I go to court and get to present my testimony -- with supporting evidence -- to the judge I will be able to prove, without a doubt, that the police are ordering people to do violence to me and harass me in order to protect my former university, retaliate against me, and ruin my life.

I need an immediate protection order but the court will not accept a John Doe defendant on a protection order. It looks like I can file for an injunction against a John Doe with my legal complaint but that is treated as an extraordinary remedy and the relief I need is a basic entitlement to all of mankind -- the right to be free of crime. This is not an extraordinary remedy, and I should not have to do an injunction. I need immediate relief.

So the question is -- who should I name as the respondent? I theorize that the head of the Police Department, that is the Chief of Police, or the commander in the separate district will have at the very least, authorized, or given the 'green light' for the officers to harass me with my landlord, employers, etc. Should I just name this person as the respondent and tell them to call off the attack or reveal the names of the guilty parties?

I've contacted the departments and they WILL NOT TALK but have made it clear they are involved, and that it is a 'department' matter (this is not the unlawful actions of a single officer). This suggests it would have the approval of the formal chief (and if he's giving the green light then he's the primary order giver or offender).

I need immediate relief. Please help...

Default Re: Who to Name As a Respondent in a Protection Order Against Police Harassment

There is no doubt police harassment occurs. On this scale though it is incredibly unlikely.

Default Re: Who to Name As a Respondent in a Protection Order Against Police Harassment

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    There is no doubt police harassment occurs. On this scale though it is incredibly unlikely.
    It's true. Trust me. I have evidence. If I say I have evidence, don't argue. This is not the place to offer your personal opinion on the clients legal dispute. Just answer the questions please. Thanks.

They are tortiously interfering with my access to the legal profession. That's another cause of action, it's not a impossibility.

People misunderstand the role of police in society. In addition to enforcing the laws, their job is to maintain social stability, and that means protecting the large institutions from threats to their economic well-being such as legal threats. Lawsuits cost big money, and if they ran rampant any large employer could be quickly sent under. The FBI and police see crime victims as another form of threat to social order, and are treated as national security threats in much the same way as a terrorist would, since they could do as much or more damage to the big institutions that serve the needs of the population and keep the economy running. The police harass people all the time, and are criminals themselves. We don't need to get into all the literature on that though. The police are a gang of criminal thugs that the wealthy and government command to send after people that they don't like.

It was an interesting example at my former university. We noticed they have a police department. Did you ever notice that a large employer such as a major hospital, or a major business district will often have their own little police department? These anomalous situation expose the relationship between the police and social institutions. In the case of the university, the police department was the product of the university -- that is, the university erected the police department to protect the property of that institution. And the police primarily serve to protect the property of the institutions that serve as the city's primary tax base. Who do you think that university police department is interested in arresting? Do you think they are interested in arresting professors? No -- they are interested in arresting students. And when a student reports harassment, the school flags the student to the school's own police department for retaliation. And the school's police department has ties to all the other police departments, and the FBI, etc, who then carry out the neutralization job, to protect social order and ensure that the employer survives so as to not disrupt the economy.

This is not rocket science. This is sociology 101.

Quote Quoting theunrealthing
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: Ohio

My university harassed me from the years 2002 through 2014.

No court I know of will award an order based off of events that occurred 4+ years ago. I guess it is possible if there was a current or newly active investigation of something particularly heinous and you still have contact with the individual involved for some reason. But it appears your case would not be close to qualifying.

View Post
    The police have provided admissions in my police encounters (deprived protection every time) that they are behind the harassment. This is 100% proven with the evidence I have (pretty much).
    Exactly what is deprived protection? They failed to protect you from a crime? They deprived you of constitutional right? And saying "pretty much" implies that you have weak evidence, or there are gaps in it. Since you have not given any fact whatsoever its hard to say.

View Post

If I go to court and get to present my testimony -- with supporting evidence -- to the judge I will be able to prove, without a doubt, that the police are ordering people to do violence to me and harass me in order to protect my former university, retaliate against me, and ruin my life.
    I hope you have some very very hard evidence to prove a claim like that. Have you had an attorney look through your evidence and give his opinion?

View Post

I need an immediate protection order but the court will not accept a John Doe defendant on a protection order. It looks like I can file for an injunction against a John Doe with my legal complaint but that is treated as an extraordinary remedy and the relief I need is a basic entitlement to all of mankind -- the right to be free of crime. This is not an extraordinary remedy, and I should not have to do an injunction. I need immediate relief.

So the question is -- who should I name as the respondent? I theorize that the head of the Police Department, that is the Chief of Police, or the commander in the separate district will have at the very least, authorized, or given the 'green light' for the officers to harass me with my landlord, employers, etc. Should I just name this person as the respondent and tell them to call off the attack or reveal the names of the guilty parties?
    No the courts will not accept a John Doe protection order. Exactly what type of order are you seeking? This matters as different orders need to be filed in different courts. Also, different orders have different requirements to be awarded. Orders like a Criminal Protection Order require specific criminal charges to have been filed by you or on your behalf. To file for any order you need to list a SPECIFIC respondent. You must then complete an affidavit with an allegation that supports what the SPECIFIC respondent did to qualify the issuing of that order. Broad claims of "the police department harassed me" do not qualify. You must give specific factual instances of the event involving the specific respondent you are filing for. This also means that if you want to file on the WHOLE police department you must file individual applications for every officer, with an individual affidavit for that specific person, with individual incidents. So if there are 30 officers, you must file 30 separate times. And this would just grant a temporary Ex Parte order. A trial date would then be set, usually around 7-10 days depending on the docket, where you would face the respondent about your accusations. I can guarantee that you will greatly upset the court with this route.

No, naming the Chief of Police or "commander of a district" is not a blanket order to "call off the attack or reveal the names of the guilty parties." You would need to show what specific incident that person did to qualify for a order. It would then ONLY apply to that specific person. And a protection order does not compel anyone to reveal anything.

Also, because I think this is where it is going, just because the police had one (or multiple) contacts with you in a specific period that does not constitute harassment. Even if they had 20+ contacts in a single day it would not automatically qualify if it was in the execution and performance of their duties. Once again I hope you have very very hard evidence if you are making this claim.

View Post

I've contacted the departments and they WILL NOT TALK but have made it clear they are involved, and that it is a 'department' matter (this is not the unlawful actions of a single officer). This suggests it would have the approval of the formal chief (and if he's giving the green light then he's the primary order giver or offender).

No since you have already threatened litigation, and from your complaints it appears you will not be satisfied by reasonable means, they will probably not speak with you.

As a side note be aware that filing false officer complaint violates ORC 2921.15, which is an M1 and an arrestable offense. Making broad claims as you have may find you in violation depending on the prosecutor and court.

View Post
    It's true. Trust me. I have evidence. If I say I have evidence, don't argue.
    And I have ocean front property on the moon for sale at a fantastic price. It's true. Trust me.

View Post
    They are tortiously interfering with my access to the legal profession. That's another cause of action, it's not a impossibility.

And how exactly are they interfering with your access to the legal profession? Are you saying they are stopping lawyers from having contact with you? Or they are barring you from entering the courts to file complaints? Once again I hope you have very hard evidence to support such a broad claim as this.

View Post
    People misunderstand the role of police in society. In addition to enforcing the laws, their job is to maintain social stability, and that means protecting the large institutions from threats to their economic well-being such as legal threats. Lawsuits cost big money, and if they ran rampant any large employer could be quickly sent under. The FBI and police see crime victims as another form of threat to social order, and are treated as national security threats in much the same way as a terrorist would, since they could do as much or more damage to the big institutions that serve the needs of the population and keep the economy running. The police harass people all the time, and are criminals themselves. We don't need to get into all the literature on that though. The police are a gang of criminal thugs that the wealthy and government command to send after people that they don't like.

It was an interesting example at my former university. We noticed they have a police department. Did you ever notice that a large employer such as a major hospital, or a major business district will often have their own little police department? These anomalous situation expose the relationship between the police and social institutions. In the case of the university, the police department was the product of the university -- that is, the university erected the police department to protect the property of that institution. And the police primarily serve to protect the property of the institutions that serve as the city's primary tax base. Who do you think that university police department is interested in arresting? Do you think they are interested in arresting professors? No -- they are interested in arresting students. And when a student reports harassment, the school flags the student to the school's own police department for retaliation. And the school's police department has ties to all the other police departments, and the FBI, etc, who then carry out the neutralization job, to protect social order and ensure that the employer survives so as to not disrupt the economy.
    And this is where the train comes off the rails. The FBI and police treat victims like terrorists? Perhaps you could explain when the last time a theft victim or harassment victim was locked up in Gitmo? Or put any of them in jail just for being a victim? I just finished up dealing with a case were I was able to work with a felonious assault victim to get them reimbursed compensation from the Crime Victims office. Last time I checked the FBI didn't pay any terrorists we had in custody just for being terrorists. (insert crazy conspiracy theorys here)

View Post
    And the school's police department has ties to all the other police departments, and the FBI, etc, who then carry out the neutralization job, to protect social order and ensure that the employer survives so as to not disrupt the economy.

And all this hard evidence you have supports this? If that is the case you should be in contact with some serious attorneys. Once you contact them I am sure they will happily accept your case on contingency since it is rock solid. And the whole "all the lawyers are afraid" excuse is bogus. There are hundreds or thousands of extremely competent lawyers that would line up to take a case like this with your mountain of evidence you would provide them.

View Post
    It's true. Trust me. I have evidence. If I say I have evidence, don't argue. This is not the place to offer your personal opinion on the clients legal dispute. Just answer the questions please. Thanks._
    the client? There are no clients here. This is a forum and you making demands is downright funny and it is absolutely the place to offer a posters personal opinion.

There are approximately 1.34 million lawyers in the US. To suggest your little local police department as somehow convinced all of the attorneys in the US to refuse to accept you as a client is just so unrealistic it’s imposible.

1. Sponsored Links