Default Order for Change Venue

My divorce occurred in April of 2017 in "County X" when my ex-wife moved to that county when our marriage fell apart and I stayed in "County Y" where we lived together since 2005. In February of 2018, she moved with my kids to another state (over 150 miles away from me) without my knowledge. According to the court order, any change of address, I should be notified by certified mail (which I never received it) and when we had the last hearing in June of 2018, (By the way, we've had so many, perhaps due to her boredom, my ex loves to set up hearings) she did not have the proof that she sent a certified mail and the judge has the good send and kept the same mid-point where I can pick the kids up, she finally was obligated to sign the quit claim and days later, after proven records that I couldn't keep her alimony, she lost it.

Right after this last hearing in June, my ex was threatening me by txt messages saying that she will have "weekly hearing" - if needed, because according to her, she has doubts about the "judge's capacity of handling multiple topics in a single hearing". However, in August, I received from the Courthouse in "County X", "Order for Change Venue", letting me know the case would be handled as of Aug 2018 in my county, because both us do not live in "County X". Now I found out that I have in a few weeks, a hearing in my county and my ex wants to take the case to next to her and certainly move forward with the "Weekly hearing" idea. My ex does not work, she has all the time in the world, I can't afford all these trips, I have a type of job that I need to set up weeks in advance meetings and stuff plus do not have vacation days left.

My question is: What are my chances to keep the venue in my county and the decision of predecessor judge?

Thank you.

Default Re: Order for Change Venue

Chances are pretty good to both. Her chance of having weekly hearings are real low.

Agree.

The judge is likely to get tired of her BS real fast.

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    My divorce occurred in April of 2017 in "County X" when my ex-wife moved to that county when our marriage fell apart and I stayed in "County Y" where we lived together since 2005.
    In what state are County X and County Y? When you say that your "divorce occurred in April of 2017," what does that mean? Is that when she or you filed for divorce? Or is that when the divorce judgment/decree was entered? Or something else?

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    In February of 2018, she moved with my kids to another state (over 150 miles away from me) without my knowledge.
    What other state?

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    we had the last hearing in June of 2018, (By the way, we've had so many, perhaps due to her boredom, my ex loves to set up hearings) she did not have the proof that she sent a certified mail and the judge has the good send and kept the same mid-point where I can pick the kids up, she finally was obligated to sign the quit claim and days later, after proven records that I couldn't keep her alimony, she lost it.
    Quit claim deed for what, and what does that have to do with your ex moving with your kids? What was the purpose of the hearing in June. To the extent I can understand what you've written, as of June 2018, the court essentially sanctioned your ex moving with the kids and established a location for exchanging the kids for purposes of visitation, and also terminated your ex's entitlement to alimony. All correct?

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    I received from the Courthouse in "County X", "Order for Change Venue", letting me know the case would be handled as of Aug 2018 in my county
    That's a good thing, right?

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    Now I found out that I have in a few weeks, a hearing in my county and my ex wants to take the case to next to her
    She "wants to take the case to next to her"? Huh? Do you mean that she wants to transfer jurisdiction to where she now lives (in the other state)?

Quote Quoting KT/DV
    View Post
    What are my chances to keep the venue in my county and the decision of predecessor judge?
    If you want "chances," buy a lottery ticket. If you want a useful assessment of whatever is going on in your case, you need to consult with a local attorney.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    If you want "chances," buy a lottery ticket. If you want a useful assessment of whatever is going on in your case, you need to consult with a local attorney.
    LOL. true. 1 chance in 292,201,338 combinations.

Who does she know to be able to get herself weekly hearings? She can threaten weekly hearings, but she will have to have legitimate reasons to file for a hearing, they don't just give out hearings to anyone who wants one.

1. Sponsored Links