Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Divorce: Short Marriage, Unacceptable Behavior and Rights and Rental Eviction

unfortunately don't is not an answer nor practical. As for the room mate release agreement, why is that unenforceable? Why even have such a thing?

Default Re: Divorce: Short Marriage, Unacceptable Behavior and Rights and Rental Eviction

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    unfortunately don't is not an answer nor practical. As for the room mate release agreement, why is that unenforceable? Why even have such a thing?
    SHE IS NOT A ROOMMATE! SHE IS ON THE LEASE! So she has a right to live there. You would have to get her off the lease and quite possibly begin eviction proceedings. Which will likely not be complete by the time you must leave the country.

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    Actually don’t is an answer. You simply don’t wish to accept it although from your statements so far, it appears to be the most practical answer.

How soon are you leaving the country?
    when does your lease expire?

your wife could seek exclusive possession of the home in the divorce. Apparently she does not work and it is a realistic possibility she would be awarded exclusive possession as well as you continue to pay the rent so whether you like it or not, it may come down to exactly what I suggested. You will have to wait and see how she responds to the divorce filing.

Im kind of curious how you are going to engage in a divorce if you’re not in the country?

none of this makes sense, nor is it fair. She does work but I've been the one supporting both of us in every way possible. I am not rich, I cannot just move immediately either.

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    none of this makes sense, nor is it fair. She does work but I've been the one supporting both of us in every way possible. I am not rich, I cannot just move immediately either.
    You seem to be under the common misconception that life is required to be "fair". It isn't.

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    Yet you expect her to when she has absolutely no income.

Life is not fair. If it was I wild have a luxurious full head of hair rather than being half bald. We deal with life, however you perceive it.

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    Life isn't fair.

Since she doesn't seem to be a danger to you, you may be stuck living together until you leave the country.

Quote Quoting firehawk_1
    View Post
    She works, but you support both of you in every way possible? Where does her income go?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2