Default Setting Up an IID Before Your DUI Case is Over

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: TN, with a pending DUI with an alabama dl, dui in tennessee, is it possible to get IID (ignition interlock device) and restricted license set-up before hand, so that there is no actual time lapse of driving privelages. Generally is it possible, from a procedure stand point, to get it done before any suspension occurs and what would it take to make it happen?

Default Re: Iid

You need to talk to an attorney. You're in big trouble. Where do you live? Where do you intend to drive?

While I too strongly suggest you obtain local legal counsel I will say that is is very doubtful that you will be able to prearrange any sort of post conviction driving privileges, pre-conviction if you are pleading not guilty.

On the other hand a lawyer may well be able to negotiate some sort of plea deal that does include a restricted licence. But any such deal would be predicated on a guilty plea.

Tennesee suspends the license when charges are filed, but a restricted license with IID is possible even while awaiting trial. However, IF he can even do that and HOW he does that requires answers to the questions I asked in the first reply.

However, he really needs to be talking to an attorney and not a bulletin board.

1. Sponsored Links