Default How to Close the Door on a Driver's License Suspension

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of Florida, I was the owner of the car that was not insured, but I was not the driver, I was not even in the car. My licence was suspended after I left for the military and has been getting suspended periodically over the past 15 years for defaulting on payments (deployments), my question is, is there a way to close the door on this, I was the driver, I don't live in Florida anymore, haven't since 2003.

Default Re: A Long Time Ago

You won't get a license anywhere while Florida still shows you suspended. If the judgment is still active, you'll have to pay it off. If the judgment was over 20 years ago, it is likely beyond collections. You bring proof that it is satisfied (or beyond the duration) and get Florida to reinstate you. After you do that, you can get a license anywhere.

Default Re: A Long Time Ago

It really matters not whether he was driving or not. If the court entered a judgment against him for a vehicular accident and he isn't making the scheduled payments, his license will be susepnded.
    Here's info for Manatee County, but likely similar for all http://www.taxcollector.com/docs/CIP...tLiability.pdf

1. Sponsored Links