Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Resigned in Wa - Unemployment in Co

Wanting more information, and not taking them at their word, are not the same thing. If you thought it wasn't important enough to ask for more information, then your response was inappropriate.

I'm not arguing, cupcake, I'm making declarative statements.

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    "not a good fit" is exactly what employer's tell claimants as they're firing them.
    . Really? The last one I fired I said I’m not going to put up with your crap. Take your tools and leave. You’re fired.
    I didn't know when he might be fired.
    apparently no time soon since he’s been there for almost 60 days since “resigning”
    I didn't know this until 11 posts later.
    maybe you shouldnt jump to conclusions without clarification
    I know about WA's three-week rule. There's no question about it. I'd be more than happy to send you a link to a thread on the internet where the claimant in WA gave 4 weeks notice, was fired immediately, and got the whole enchilada.
    Yes, please do

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    maybe you shouldnt jump to conclusions without clarification
    I said "truly believe. . . ." He can do what he wants.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    apparently no time soon since he’s been there for almost 60 days since “resigning”
    The 60 days wasn't mentioned until post #11.

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    "not a good fit" is exactly what employer's tell claimants as they're firing them.
    According to what OP wrote, OP put that in their letter of resignation. It was not coming from the employer's side.

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    Then you are free to try to find it for Washington. I'm not going to because it wouldn't make much difference. Either it's "quit or be fired" and WA let's you get away with that or not. YOU try to contact the WA UI. Most people can't get through when they call so they come on the internet to get help.
    I don't care to look as I have no interest. I'm just making the point that you cannot arbitrarily apply another state's laws/policies to a different state.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    According to what OP wrote, OP put that in their letter of resignation. It was not coming from the employer's side.
    You don't know that just from the OP's first post. For all you or anyone else knew, the employer very well could have said, "you're not a good fit. Do you want to resign or have us fire you"?

Normally, claimants say, "My last day will be mm/dd/yy. I loved working here, and I'm sorry to go, but my life is going in a different direction." They don't say, "I'm not a good fit," unless that's what the employer is telling them.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    I don't care to look as I have no interest.
    Then you can't possible know how WA treats "quit or be fired," and you're not helping or proving me wrong.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    I'm just making the point that you cannot arbitrarily apply another state's laws/policies to a different state.
    Then don't bother helping people looking to get UI. For the vast majority of states, the information is difficult or impossible to find in a timely manner to do any good or just plain isn't published. If a claimant doesn't borrow from other states to see what might make a winning case, they'll be at a disadvantage.

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    You don't know that just from the OP's first post. For all you or anyone else knew, the employer very well could have said, "you're not a good fit. Do you want to resign or have us fire you"?
    I can only go off exactly what OP says and OP clearly stated "in my letter" which most people would read as a letter the OP wrote. You are, as you frequently tend to do, reading facts into something with no basis. If you wanted to go down that road, the appropriate thing to do would be ask the OP first or preface your response with "If the employer said this to you..."

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    Then you can't possible know how WA treats "quit or be fired," and you're not helping or proving me wrong.
    Proving you right or wrong doesn't matter to me. You appear to be either deliberately obtuse or just not getting what I'm saying: YOU don't even know if you are right or wrong because you are not bothering to check fully. Then when you can't be bothered to determine how something works in a different state, you just ASSUME you can apply another state's rules. That's not how it works. That is what I'm saying and what I'm trying to get through your thick head. Don't assume and put something out as fact when you don't know if it is.

Quote Quoting chyvan
    View Post
    If a claimant doesn't borrow from other states to see what might make a winning case, they'll be at a disadvantage.
    The proper action for the claimant is to contact the state in questions unemployment people and ask them, as they are the experts on it and not you. If it takes hours on the phone, so be it. If it takes hours in an office, so be it. You cannot just say "But California does it this way so they must too."

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    I can only go off exactly what OP says and OP clearly stated "in my letter" which most people would read as a letter the OP wrote. You are, as you frequently tend to do, reading facts into something with no basis. If you wanted to go down that road, the appropriate thing to do would be ask the OP first or preface your response with "If the employer said this to you..."
    I didn't need to because for like the fourth time, I said, "truly believe. . . "

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Proving you right or wrong doesn't matter to me. You appear to be either deliberately obtuse or just not getting what I'm saying: YOU don't even know if you are right or wrong because you are not bothering to check fully. Then when you can't be bothered to determine how something works in a different state, you just ASSUME you can apply another state's rules. That's not how it works. That is what I'm saying and what I'm trying to get through your thick head. Don't assume and put something out as fact when you don't know if it is.
    Sure it does or you wouldn't keep harping on it.

Then you find ONE state that has some dramatically different interpretation of "quit or be fired."

Look, the states don't just operate in a vacuum.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...=en&as_sdt=4,5

In this decision, the CA court used NY, OH, Federal, TX, NJ, WI and OR, and maybe more because I stopped counting. Yes, you can borrow a lot of times.

https://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/0/O...261-147185.pdf

In this decision, AZ used decisions from CA and PA.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    The proper action for the claimant is to contact the state in questions unemployment people and ask them, as they are the experts on it and not you. If it takes hours on the phone, so be it. If it takes hours in an office, so be it. You cannot just say "But California does it this way so they must too."
    If the people that work in the UI agencies were experts, then then using CA as a sample, 54.9% of the determinations wouldn't be getting overturned on appeal.

http://www.cuiab.ca.gov/

Click on the statistics tab.

http://www.cuiab.ca.gov/Statistics/q...n-Jun_2018.pdf

21664 tribunal appeals with 12,043 in favor of the claimant. That's a 55.6% reversal rate. It's gone up with this most recent 6-month statistic.

Your advice is to get answers from an agency that is wrong more than half the time. There's no reason to believe that the UI workers in WA are doing a better job.

When you're faced with a UI issue, you can do things your way. When others are faced with a UI issue, I'm going to share with them what I know.

I'm going to make one last attempt.

If he "truly believed" he was in a quit or be fired situation but the employer had not said so, (and with all this conversation the OP has not come back to say they had), then when he told the UI office that he had been fired and the UI office went back to the employer, do you think the employer is going to agree that he was fired? Of course they're not. They're going to say, "He's lying".

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3