Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Officer Shooting of a Neighbor

Default Re: Was She on Drugs and Toting a Crowbar

Yes, manslaughter. A. There is no obvious intent based on the available facts. B. You charge what you think you can win. The DA knows there is no way in heck they are likely to get a murder conviction because a. no intent and b. Texas jury and law enforcement.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Yes, manslaughter. A. There is no obvious intent based on the available facts. B. You charge what you think you can win. The DA knows there is no way in heck they are likely to get a murder conviction because a. no intent and b. Texas jury and law enforcement.
    This one just makes my gray matter swirl trying to reconcile how in the actual hades this ever happened.

She had to know she was not "home" and what's on her hair follicles?

Any idea how she got into the man's home?

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    This one just makes my gray matter swirl trying to reconcile how in the actual hades this ever happened.
    Based on the details we have: She somehow gets into the apartment. She thinks it is her home and encounters someone else in it. Things then escalated to the point that she shot the other person while believing she was defending herself and/or her home. We do not yet know what transpired inside. I'd be willing to bet the victim, being in his home, attempted to defend himself/his home in some manner that she took as a lethal threat. The sad part is that he would have been legally allowed to use lethal force as she was the armed intruder.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Any idea how she got into the man's home?
    Nope and I'm betting they are going to play that one close to the vest for a while until the investigation is wrapped up.

It is hard for me to see any rational explanation of this one without there being:

1) something truly evil and insidious being a motive

and/or

2) crazy drugs and/or serious mental meltdown.... even if his front door was unlocked or standing open

I've heard of showing up at the wrong place on a warrant and innocent people getting slain but, this one seems almost to be not even originating from this crazy planet.

It could be none of those. If she truly believed, for whatever reason, that she was in her home and perceived him as a lethal threat; then she believed she was doing the right thing. She may have had only seconds to act, which is not enough time to establish she screwed up until it was over. Nothing evil, nothing insidious, no drugs or mental issues there. But all we can do is theorize until all the facts are out.

For any reasonable person to walk inside, however, access was obtained, into a home that doesn't belong to that person and believe it is their own, gives huge doubts to one's belief system and mental condition, at the very least.

Getting to the point that it could be remotely plausible she truly believed it was her own home, is a huge leap and stretch I believe for anyone with breathing sense.

Wrong floor, wrong home, wrong wrong wrong.

I surely would like to see drive and walk thru vids showing arriving at both parking levels, the walk to both respective doors, and a peek inside both domiciles.

The reasons such a person could truly believe, 'whatever' indeed, result in a short list with none of them seated in prudence or sound mental faculties.

I'm open to hearing creative conjecture as to how she could reasonably truly have believed she was in her own home that is detached from poor mental state or impairment from substance.

I wonder if they drew blood from her within a reasonable amount of time after the shooting or if her delayed arrest allowed her to 'sleep it off'.

Yeah, I'm cynical.

This is wacky.

Supposedly blood was indeed drawn.
    There's evidence that she indeed knew the victim (there are facebook photos of them togehter). I'm not sure I believe any of this.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I'm not sure I believe any of this.
    I'm not very convinced either. The almost Benny Hill Yakkity-sax amount of stupidity required does tend to make one pause.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    I'm open to hearing creative conjecture as to how she could reasonably truly have believed she was in her own home that is detached from poor mental state or impairment from substance.I
    It's not a mental meltdown but extreme fatigue can make people do stupid things. Not defending her at all, I think there is something rotten in Denmark on that.

my thought was also extreme fatigue....and parking on the wrong floor of a parking garage -- that's easy to do if each level looks alike. But this was the apartment directly above hers and she had made prior noise complaints, so there was some history. I'd be curious about her last shift at work, her presence of mind when she left, what she had encountered, how many hours she was averaging at work per week, whether she also held a 2nd job,etc. It's going to be an interesting one!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast