Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Default Re: Was She on Drugs and Toting a Crowbar

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post

unless it is shown that Guyger was very familiar with the decedent and as such could suggest an intentional murder, I’m guessing she walks.
    Just from what I know now, if I were on the jury I wouldn't let her walk. But we don't know yet what evidence the jury will see. Those "odd points" you mentioned, if brought to the jury and believed would seem to undercut her version of events, so it is by no means clear that this was some innocent mistake. Even if she was mistaken i thinking that this was her apartment, I still see her as reckless, again just from what I know at this point.

Even if she somehow avoids criminal sanctions for this, it's almost a sure bet she'll be civilly liable for damages to the estate or family of the deceased. And I'd be shocked if she kept her badge after this. The police department is not going to want the public outcry keeping her would trigger. Not to mention the liability risks for the city in keeping her employed as a cop.

I just read an assertion from somebody purportedly familiar with those apartments and their electronic keys that the doors lock automatically when closed.

I can't say I had ever heard of chipped keys for domiciles and still roll the rock each way to cover or uncover the opening to my cave.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    I read the Texas definition of reckless and at the very least she was reckless, tired or not.

Had she been so tired that she was swerving all over the road, still reckless and made the decision to drive just like a person blind running drunk driving blacked out does.

I am aware her body cam is to be left at the precinct, so, the sarcasm was wasted, such a shame.

Why wouldn't his family accept and/or seek legal counsel?

Wouldn't yours if a cop, or anyone, shot and killed you in your home offering only an absurd poppycock story and was allowed to leave without being arrested?

You should take the 20 minutes to listen to that conference.

I did and there is one spot that had me concerned for one detail they were pitching.
    If you were aware the body cAm is left at the precinct then you’re the one being sarcastic.

Thsre is little reason to listen to a families lawyer and the conference. There is an intentional spin and they, like you, will attempt to create evidence that has no proof and may very well have no truth. .

As to why I see no need for an attorney for the family; the prosecutor seems to be doing just fine. The attorney is obviously brought on board in an attempt to start a civil suit ASAP.

Driving tired has nothing to do with this and nobody was swerving while. Driving. Therefore your made up evidence is invalid.

Um, the cop was arrested so your argument fails. It may not have been at the scene but that isn’t totally unusual in situations like this. It takes time for the prosecutor to review the known facts and the pertinent laws.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    I just read an assertion from somebody purportedly familiar with those apartments and their electronic keys that the doors lock automatically when closed.

I can't say I had ever heard of chipped keys for domiciles and still roll the rock each way to cover or uncover the opening to my cave.
    So you’re suggesting her key onlocked his apartment? Wow, who would think the key to your own apartment would unlock another apartment. Most people wouldn’t so if her key unlocked the apartment, it gives credence to her claim she believed she was in her own apartment.

As to the lock automatically locking.

I suspect they can be set as such but I suspect they can also be set to not lock automatically. With all those locks locking automatically I would suspect there would be a lot of people getting locked out of their apartments when they walked next door to borrow a cup of sugar.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Just from what I know now, if I were on the jury I wouldn't let her walk. But we don't know yet what evidence the jury will see. Those "odd points" you mentioned, if brought to the jury and believed would seem to undercut her version of events, so it is by no means clear that this was some innocent mistake. Even if she was mistaken i thinking that this was her apartment, I still see her as reckless, again just from what I know at this point.

Even if she somehow avoids criminal sanctions for this, it's almost a sure bet she'll be civilly liable for damages to the estate or family of the deceased. And I'd be shocked if she kept her badge after this. The police department is not going to want the public outcry keeping her would trigger. Not to mention the liability risks for the city in keeping her employed as a cop.
    From what you know? Hell, so far all we have is her statements. If you convict her with no proof her statement is false, well, let’s just say I’m surprised at your statement.

Here is a scenario and it comports with her statement.

Somehow she entered the apartment without breaking in. Whether the door was unlocked which gives credence to her claim he was a burglar or her key opened the lock which further supports she had a valid reason to believe it was her apartment.

She immediately sees what she believes to be a burglar. She has had no time to turn in the lights. She commands him to stop. He refuses. Based on his furtive movement and the fact a cop is not required to go toe to toe but is allowed to use their weapon when there is imminent danger. She fires her weapon.

The cops right to fire has been upheld many cases with no more reason that what I have posted.

A person acts recklessly, or is reckless, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he is aware of but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that its disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor’s standpoint.”

given Texas has a stand your ground law where lethal force is excused when a person is in fear of their life or great bodily harm, I see nothing reckless about her actions.

You better read the stand your ground law again. It's invalidated when the person shooting isn't committing a crime themselves (she was trespassing) and didn't provoke the other person (she apparently did). Further, I hold the cop to a higher standard in determining if the other's " use or attempted use of unlawful force" which she clearly recklessly failed to ascertain.

She was in uniform when she entered the apartment. This is a well educated man, not some street hoodlum. I suspect that a well educated man would comply with a uniformed police officer.

If a police officer entered my home with a gun drawn, I would comply. There is more to this story then we are being told.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You better read the stand your ground law again. It's invalidated when the person shooting isn't committing a crime themselves (she was trespassing) and didn't provoke the other person (she apparently did). Further, I hold the cop to a higher standard in determining if the other's " use or attempted use of unlawful force" which she clearly recklessly failed to ascertain.
    You’re mistaking my inclusion of the stand your ground law. It is only being used to address the recklessness. If a person believes themselves to be within their own home, shooting a burglar is not reckless

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    She was in uniform when she entered the apartment. This is a well educated man, not some street hoodlum. I suspect that a well educated man would comply with a uniformed police officer.

If a police officer entered my home with a gun drawn, I would comply. There is more to this story then we are being told.
    that is not evidence. It is a conclusion based on your opinion.

Keep in mind that all we are getting is snippets of news and statements that may or may not be factual, and may or may not be relevant. Information provided by the family of the decedent will, of course, be one-sided. In any event such as this the investigative facts and any personnel investigation will be close to the vest so the ONLY voices you will hear will be those with an axe to grind or a point to make (even if rightly so). It's why in officer involved shootings the narrative tends to be driven only through the perspective of the person shot - this incident will likely be little better. Though, chances are the PD will distance themselves from her quickly and will not act to conceal anything they are not legally required to, so there may be more details of the investigation released provided the state's attorney is on board.

I will wait to see what is presented in court. Until then it's all a bunch of supposition and guesswork.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    If you were aware the body cAm is left at the precinct then you’re the one that was being sarcastic on that point.

Ya think? A little slow on the uptake there.

Thsre is little reason to listen to a families lawyer and the conference. There is an intentional spin and they, like you, will attempt to create evidence that has no proof and may very well have no truth. .

Yeah, let's dismiss the statements of those there and heard as well as all the other facts and give this twacked out or murderous broad's every word full credence sans any skeptism.

As to why I see no need for an attorney for the family; the prosecutor seems to be doing just fine. The attorney is obviously brought on board in an attempt to start a civil suit ASAP.

Driving tired has nothing to do with this and nobody was swerving while. Driving. Therefore your made up evidence is invalid.

RECKLESS, regardless if driving or murdering, reckless is reckless and being tired or having a rough menstral cycle doesn't change reckless.

Um, the cop was arrested so your argument fails. It may not have been at the scene but that isn’t totally unusual in situations like this. It takes time for the prosecutor to review the known facts and the pertinent laws.

3 days later when they had plenty of cause based on her statement alone at the scene to have arrested her THEN.

So you’re suggesting her key onlocked his apartment? Wow, who would think the key to your own apartment would unlock another apartment. Most people wouldn’t so if her key unlocked the apartment, it gives credence to her claim she believed she was in her own apartment.

You did read that I only wrote what had been asserted by somebody purported to be familiar, right? I suggested nothing about it since her story and deed is pure sh!t any way you slice it.

As to the lock automatically locking.

I suspect they can be set as such but I suspect they can also be set to not lock automatically. With all those locks locking automatically I would suspect there would be a lot of people getting locked out of their apartments when they walked next door to borrow a cup of sugar.

From what you know? Hell, so far all we have is her statements.

Of course! everyone else is lying besides this chick with a story well beyond highly unlikely and improbable.

If you convict her with no proof her statement is false, well, let’s just say I’m surprised at your statement.

Here is a scenario and it comports with her statement.

Somehow she entered the apartment without breaking in. Whether the door was unlocked which gives credence to her claim he was a burglar or her key opened the lock which further supports she had a valid reason to believe it was her apartment.

She immediately sees what she believes to be a burglar. She has had no time to turn in the lights. She commands him to stop. He refuses. Based on his furtive movement and the fact a cop is not required to go toe to toe but is allowed to use their weapon when there is imminent danger. She fires her weapon.

The cops right to fire has been upheld many cases with no more reason that what I have posted.

given Texas has a stand your ground law where lethal force is excused when a person is in fear of their life or great bodily harm, I see nothing reckless about her actions.

Nobody owes her anything like benefit of the doubt, at the very least her idiocy resulted in a young man needlessly losing his life. Cop or not, she had ZERO right to do that no matter how mentally shakey she may be or what any panel of justices may have insanely held that one time at band camp.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Nobody owes her anything like benefit of the doubt, at the very least her idiocy resulted in a young man needlessly losing his life. Cop or not, she had ZERO right to do that no matter how mentally shakey she may be or what any panel of justices may have insanely held that one time at band camp.
    You need to answer my questions regarding the banging on the door and demanding to be let in. You want something that makes no Sense? Guyger pounding on her own door and yelling let me in when the apartment would be empty.

What doesnt make sense is the decedent not reacting to that pounding. It is reported there were two distinct instances of pounding with let me in being demanded twice. It would seem he had time to respond to the activity at the door yet he as across the room when shot.

And gee, isn’t it funny they didn’t go to the police with this info but to the family’s lawyer. Hmmm, ya want to talk about conspiracies. Everybody thinks about going to some attorney they don’t know anything about to provide information the state would want.

And the video you seemed to think was so telling. The only video I’ve found is the one with the cop on the phone pacing on the walkway outseide the apartment. Ya, that’s real condemning ...NOT

nobidy said anything abiut benefit of doubt. I said to convict her the state must prove she did it beyond all reasonable doubt. Big difference.

Regarding reckless. You stated she was driving poorly. You have proof for that, right. Otherwise a driving issue has no relevance. Recklessness is based on the definition in law I posted.

Youre almost as skilled as trump at turning nothing into your claim it was the only truth. Spinning nothing remains nothing.

Quote Quoting EJay
    View Post
    She is guilty of manslaughter based simply upon her own affidavit.
    Why do you say that? Personally I don’t see her actions as reckless as the law I cited requires. Without that it can’t be manslaughter

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast