Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Was She on Drugs and Toting a Crowbar

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post

The apartment number was on the door and there is ZERO chance his domicile was similar enough inside to confirm her 'thinking it was her home'.
    However unlikely it may or may not be the chance is not ZERO.

Given that the current description of events indicates the lights were off during the confrontation, she would not have been able to see anything to realize it wasn't her place. Most people don't look at the apartment number since they normally navigate to their home using autopilot, they don't need to check.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Short of there being a witness and useful video perhaps (and I saw a headline inferring such existed but the only one I've seen so far amounted to not much) it is likely the people will only know "the truth" from the "magic key" (from her affidavit claiming her key has some microchip or whatever) possessing charged officer.

I have no reason to believe anything she has to say and find it very easy to conclude she is devoid of reasonableness, at the very least.

The apartment number was on the door and there is ZERO chance his domicile was similar enough inside to confirm her 'thinking it was her home'.
    It was dark and in apartment complexes the apartments are often identical in layout to the one above and the one below it. Unless there was enough light to see furninttr, Wall hangings and such (but realIze if she believe it was her apartment she isn’t going to be looking for such matters when faced with a make you believe to be there unlawfully), and the fatigue issue, it is plausible she believed she was in her apartment.

As to a magic key

apparently the guy didn’t keep his door locked. That was her first basis for being on high alert there was something amiss. She expected it to be locked and it wasn’t.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Have you lived in an apartment building in which every floor looks exactly the same? If not, you are unfamiliar with how easy it can be to confuse someone else's unit with your own. I have lived in several such buildings. And I too have had the experience of unknowingly getting off at the wrong floor (in my case the elevator unexpectedly opened at a floor below mine) and simply walking the familiar path to what I thought was my unit. My apartment number was on the door, but I never look at the apartment number — why should I, I know my apartment location after all. So I tried to put the key in the lock to open it. It was only when the key didn't slide in easily that I realized something was wrong, looked at the door number, and I realized I was one floor below. So this is a mistake that is easier to make than you might think.

Now, of course had I opened the door I would have instantly seen it wasnt my place and if it was dark the first thing I would have done is hit the lights. Even if someone was there, I would have hit the lights so I could see what I was dealing with. Going in dark is dangerous, IMO. So my issue, given the facts we know so far, is why she didn't hit the lights when she entered. I also wonder why, when the door was unlocked (which it should not have been if it was her place) she wouldn't first look at the apartment number on the door, just like I did when I found the key didn't go in as easily as it should have. Once you see something is wrong with the door the first instinct should be to ensure you do in fact have the right door.

In my younger and apartment dwelling days, I saw and heard of this scenario several times, so I wasn't too awed by the fact that it happened. It was the STRONG motivator that causes me in my later years, to lock every outside door I come in through behind me (after checking out the situation inside) However, in my case, both the co-dwellers who made their way into my home were very impaired at the time, as in drunk on their heinies. And this was also true in the situation of the man I knew who was shot and permanently injured by the apartment dweller in the next unit when he tried to break in, finding the door unexpectedly locked and his key didn't fit for some reason.

I also agree that police training should've made this officer slightly more likely than the average young Texas tough-girl to stop and assess the situation thoroughly before pulling her weapon and firing a few rounds. Less likely to shoot because you're untrained and frightened/impaired/disoriented from fatigue? Naah. Having a gun, so more likely to kill because you're a police officer? No, you're like just about everybody else in the great state of Texas, you have a gun handy.

That she reportedly knows this young man would bring a new light on things. St. Lucians have a very distinct accent which would tend to make this person very recognizable to someone who knew him, even in the dark, if there was any verbal exchange. I would also be very interested in the toxicology reports on her. Guess we'll find out more later, hm?

There have been published reports now that they had dated AND that neighbors heard her banging on the door demanding to be let in. Even if she still thought it was her appartment, she should be canned from the police force and frankly police fabricating police reports should be a felony on its own.

Quote Quoting comment/ator
    View Post
    I also agree that police training should've made this officer slightly more likely than the average young Texas tough-girl to stop and assess the situation thoroughly before pulling her weapon and firing a few rounds. Less likely to shoot because you're untrained and frightened/impaired/disoriented from fatigue? Naah. Having a gun, so more likely to kill because you're a police officer? No, you're like just about everybody else in the great state of Texas, you have a gun handy.
    What I think the police training impact would be that makes it more deadly is that most police I know get regular target practice with their weapons; they are thus better shots at shooting to kill than would be a lot of Texas gun owners who just have a gun for personal protection. Those with regular shooting practice -- military, police, and hunters, will tend to be more deadly shots with their weapons than others.

Quote Quoting comment/ator
    View Post
    That she reportedly knows this young man would bring a new light on things. St. Lucians have a very distinct accent which would tend to make this person very recognizable to someone who knew him, even in the dark, if there was any verbal exchange. I would also be very interested in the toxicology reports on her. Guess we'll find out more later, hm?
    It's beginning to sound like her mistaken apartment story is unraveling. If she lied about that and the story falls apart, it's going to be real tough to come up with a good defense for her. And if she knew the apartment she was at and who was in it before she shot, she might well end up facing murder charges rather than manslaughter.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    However unlikely it may or may not be the chance is not ZERO.
    Let's assume the drive to the wrong parking level was identical and unmarked then start at the front door that had the WRONG number on it.

There is the start of ZERO chance.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    It was dark and in apartment complexes the apartments are often identical in layout to the one above and the one below it. Unless there was enough light to see furninttr, Wall hangings and such (but realIze if she believe it was her apartment she isnít going to be looking for such matters when faced with a make you believe to be there unlawfully), and the fatigue issue, it is plausible she believed she was in her apartment.

As to a magic key

apparently the guy didnít keep his door locked.
    According to HER.

Now we are to believe he was standing in his apartment identical to hers with the lights off and the door unlocked and/or open.

Maybe his lightswitch was in a different place than hers and her flashlight was left at the station with her body cam!?

So he's standing there in the dark with door unlocked doing what, baiting her to come in and shoot him?

That conniving and scheming decendant!

I don't believe her and probably never will.

She knows enough about the law to have an idea what she better not say and what she better claim is the truth that likely nobody can dispute.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Let's assume the drive to the wrong parking level was identical and unmarked then start at the front door that had the WRONG number on it.

There is the start of ZERO chance.
    As has been explained by multiple people, it is not at all common to check the apartment number when one is returning home. It's just not necessary.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Now we are to believe he was standing in his apartment identical to hers with the lights off and door unlocked and/or open.
    If we are to accept the facts as offered, yes. He was probably in bed, maybe asleep, and thought his door was shut and locked. He heard something and went to investigate. Things went south from there.

It is looking more and more like this was just a case of a tired person making a mistake that turned tragic. I know you aren't going to accept that but whatever. That may change as the investigation continues but right now, it's what we have to work with.

free9man, I believe I read somewhere an account had been given on the scene that he was standing when she came in although I didn't catch anything about it being dark inside his apartment......

I wonder where the 30 taters came from to spring her and if anyone would possibly benefit from his untimely demise or simply take pleasure in it.

I suspect it is fair to say most 4 years of service 30-year-old police officers are unlikely to have 30 g's of liquid on hand.

That's almost so cynical as to be dark, huh?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    If we are to accept the facts as offered, yes. He was probably in bed, maybe asleep, and thought his door was shut and locked. He heard something and went to investigate. Things went south from there.

It is looking more and more like this was just a case of a tired person making a mistake that turned tragic. I know you aren't going to accept that but whatever. That may change as the investigation continues but right now, it's what we have to work with.
    For some reason, I am thinking the mortal shot was fired from the doorway or very close...... nothing published from the scene indicated she had gone inside and was making herself at home when he startled her coming out of his sleeping quarters in his skivvies...

I don't recall what time this took place or if anyone has spoken of his shedule or routine and it seems likely he had one or both, maybe.

I did read a headline that there is a witness with video but I still haven't seen it, or if I did, it was the one after she had shot him and was running next door to get help maybe?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast