Default Involuntarily Committed Due to False Statements in Report by Police

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Florida.

My attorney released an email to police without my permission. Police had me Baker acted at work for possible harm to myself (going thru a divorce). I didn't say anything to the police. Atty thought emotional stress would push me over the edge.

I was released early the next morning with no incident or issues from the hospital. Police wrote false statements in report, notified my employer & I lost my job due to a perceived mental health issue. Police pinged my cell to find me, is that legal?

Police wrote false statements in the report using mental illness terms which were false and defamatory. Public records show the mental illness terms used by police and that were not confirmed by the doctor. Attys work on cases where they can recover damages. Do you see any violations here? I've never been Baker Acted before and have no clinical diagnoses.

Default Re: False Statements in Report by Police

The cause necessary to involuntarily detain someone for a mental health evaluation is not necessarily all that high. If they had reasonable and articulable cause to believe you might be a danger to yourself or others, that can be sufficient to support a detention and petition. The fact that you had no prior mental health history and may not have been further detained bay mental health professional does not mean that the detention was in any way unlawful.

If you feel you were unlawfully detained, you are free to consult an attorney who can review the reports and any documents to evaluate whether you have a case or not.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

See history.

1. Sponsored Links