Lightbulb Mystic River

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

Dave Boyle intervenes in the rape of John O'Shea and kills the rapist. Is there any legality to this? I mean legality as if it were real.

Default Re: Mystic River

I suggest you go elsewhere if you're looking for help writing a book.

Maybe you should pay an attorney for a consultation so you can ask your questions if you're that concerned about your story.

776.031 Use or threatened use of force in defense of property.—
    (1) A person is justified in using or threatening to use force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent or terminate the other’s trespass on, or other tortious or criminal interference with, either real property other than a dwelling or personal property, lawfully in his or her possession or in the possession of another who is a member of his or her immediate family or household or of a person whose property he or she has a legal duty to protect. A person who uses or threatens to use force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat before using or threatening to use such force.
    (2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Thank you, the context of Mystic River is stopping a violent crime. That's what I remember being told when I was in college, it was legal to use deadly force to stop a violent crime. The question is, how exactly does the law phrase that? The laws are supposed to imply that our rights come from God, unless you are in the military, in which case they come from your commanding officer, so a law for civis saying something like "the state of Florida authorizes its citizens to use deadly force to stop a violent crime" doesn't sound right. For Mystic River, Massachusetts.

1. Sponsored Links