Hybrid View

Default Name is Different on Birth Certificates Than All Other ID's

So I've legally changed my name, and went through the fun process of going to court, going to ss administration, dmv and mailing in for my birth certificate to be changed.
    In court I changed my name to Aidan. After, I went and got my name corrected on my social security. When I got my name in the mail I somehow didn't notice a spelling mistake. My name was spelt as Aiden, with an e. Not realizing, I went and got my license and bank card changed that day to the name on my social security.
    My license and card came in to the mail today and that's when I finally noticed the mistake. I'm still waiting for my birth certificate to come in, but because I mailed in the court paper that says AidAn, and didn't have to send in my ssn, that mistakenly says AidEn, I know my certificate is gonna come back spelling differently than the rest.
    This whole name change process has been A LOT, and when I realized what happened I honestly was so upset that I'd have to go do everything AGAIN to fix all my cards and pay even more fees, I decided I would just keep everything as Aiden. The spelling doesn't matter that much.
    But what problems will I have if all of my info says Aiden, and my birth certificate says Aidan? It's only one letter! Does anyone happen to know what issues this might cause/if it's really important I go and fix everything? I've been so stressed over this the entire day. Thank you anyone who reads/answers!!

Default Re: Name is Different on Birth Certificates Than All Other Id's

Quote Quoting ATastic
    View Post
    But what problems will I have if all of my info says Aiden, and my birth certificate says Aidan?
    Lot's and likely more, many more, if you ever lose your ID. If you were to provide your DL and Birth Certificate as the required IDs to a new employer they shouldn't accept them because of the misspelling. As ID laws get more stringent there is no guessing the further problems this could cause.

1. Sponsored Links