Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sheriff Left a Note on the Door Demanding a Meeting in Person

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia
    This was left on my door
    Mr. bill smith
    Re CI series of letters and numbers
    CR
    As a matter of discretion, an appointment has been scheduled for you at the enforcement Bureau at the sheriffs complex——-day of——2018 from 8am-5pm
    WE WILL NOT DISCUSS THIS OVER THE PHONE WITH YOU.

If this person no longer lives here call this number————-
    Joe smith
    Deputy Sheriff zone #
    Does anyone know what this means? Or have it happened? Fist time for me. Not sure what the CI number means

Default Re: I Got a Note on My Door from Sheriffs Office

It's probably a case number for an investigation. Do you have any idea what it might be? An all-day appointment sounds off unless a. it's something BIG that will take a long time to discuss(which I would think you'd have an idea about) or b. they are going to be arresting you for something. It's possible they did all day in case the deputy is busy but that's not professional and inconsiderate of your time.

Best bet is to call the Sheriff's Department and confirm the appointment with the deputy. If he confirms it, either a. don't go at all then wait to see what happens or b. go but take an attorney with you. If you need more time to get an attorney, tell the deputy you will have your attorney call to reschedule.

The fact they won't talk about it on the phone is further evidence something is amiss with the whole situation cause if they were going to arrest you, they aren't gonna tell you that cause you'll run. If they just need to ask you questions about something that happened, over the phone would be far more discreet and more convenient for all parties.

I am not a criminal donít have any big crimes I have committed. I have quite a few I unpaid parking tickets in the city I live in. Can they arrest me for that? Could it be civil case? I donít know what for? I did an online background check and found no warrants under my name?

Also donít know if it matters but it was a form letter? With my info hand written in.

It could be a civil case, yes. But for that, all the sheriffs normally do is serve the paperwork. They wouldn't need you to come in for a sit down although it's possible serving you the paperwork is all they are going to do. I'd be very hesitant to go without at least consulting an attorney. An attorney familiar with the area's courts might be familiar with the note and what it might mean.

Would a deputy come out for parking tickets?

Quote Quoting Scout2017
    View Post
    Would a deputy come out for parking tickets?
    It is theoretically possible if the city is suing you for non-payment on them. I would expect they would have contacted you prior to taking that step to try and avoid it.

Are you delinquent in child support by chance?

I donít have any kids.

They sent me letters about the parking tickets I was letting an ex girlfriend use the car so she said she was going to pay them , but didnít. I recently sold that car as well.

Apparently you can be arrested for failing to pay parking tickets although the one site I read referred to a bench warrant. I wouldn’t see the police actively serving notices such as you recieved for that.

Selling the car doesn’t get you out of the tickets.

Hopefullly you were wise enough to file the appropriate paperwork with the state regarding the sale.

you might want to make sure your license isn’t susoended.

I didnít think I would get out of the tickets. But more like changing ownership started a process?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast