Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Va Probation Laws

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Good behavior is a reason to have the the probation revoked (in a good way). I'm still confused as to why the excessive probation period. In fact, the whole concept of the good behavior revocation stuff comes from the FELONY side of the house. Are you sure that the possession by a disqualified person was the only thing you were convicted of?
    I’m thinking maybe the mentally ill diagnosis may give the court reason to keep an eye on him longer. Since it is non-reporting, it is merely a cloud over his head to remind him to be good. We also don’t know op’s history either.

Hemispheres

Dont forget you still have to comply with the rules of probabtion even when on unsuoervised probation. Make sure you know the rules while on supervised probation and if they change, the rules while on unsuoervised probation and you comply with them.

Default Re: Va Probation Laws

There's no formal "reporting" or "non-reporting" status in Virginia probations. All probations are supervised, it's largely up to the probation officer as to how close of a leash to hold on the probationer. Usually, if you satisfy your obligations, don't piss dirty on the drug test, and have a good home and job, you get a "call me if anything happens" status.

Default Re: How Long Can You Be on Probation for a Misdemeanor

After this past Fri Iíll most likely be found in non-compliance.

This past Tuesday I met with my case worker for a quarterly review of my discharge plan from last Nov and nothing changed.

However on Friday she dropped by and after speaking for a bit and signing release of info between my doc and the local corrections board she suddenly started making stipulations including I must see a dentist, I must see a doctor and I need to attend anger management. In the past this was brought up but I declined each time and they never pushed the matter.

After I pointed out this being something new she cracked a big shit eating grin and said ďWell you signed off on your quarterlyĒ. I told her if you wanna roll like that Iíll serve my 90 days.

Pretty obvious sheís attempting to exploit the court ruling by adding things onto my plan without my permission.

I meet with my P.O. on Thur and if I find out this is allowed Iíll tell him to put me in the regional jail. I wonít be blackmailed like this.

You show 'em. Go to jail for 3 months instead of a dentist and doctor appointment. That will show that mean PO whose boss.

Quote Quoting Hemispheres
    View Post
    After this past Fri I’ll most likely be found in non-compliance.

This past Tuesday I met with my case worker for a quarterly review of my discharge plan from last Nov and nothing changed.

However on Friday she dropped by and after speaking for a bit and signing release of info between my doc and the local corrections board she suddenly started making stipulations including I must see a dentist, I must see a doctor and I need to attend anger management. In the past this was brought up but I declined each time and they never pushed the matter.

After I pointed out this being something new she cracked a big shit eating grin and said “Well you signed off on your quarterly”. I told her if you wanna roll like that I’ll serve my 90 days.

Pretty obvious she’s attempting to exploit the court ruling by adding things onto my plan without my permission.

I meet with my P.O. on Thur and if I find out this is allowed I’ll tell him to put me in the regional jail. I won’t be blackmailed like this.
    She doesn’t need your permission to add things to your plan. All she needs is the legal right to do so. Whether she has that legal right is something that would take research as well as info that is not widely available. I doubt anybody here can provide you with that answer.

The Fact these things were brought up previously suggests they have always been part of your plan, even if not specifically written. It sounds like they are merely demanding you comply with the terms of your plan where previously they were suggesting or urging you to be compliant and letting you take the necessary steps to be so.

Based on your latest post, I think the anger management classes would be a good idea even if they aren’t mandated.

Generally it isn’t your choice whether to be placed in jail, at least this far into the game. Upon initial sentencing you can refuse to agree to comply with the terms of your plan. that means the court doesn’t have much option other than to incarcerate you. Since you’ve already passed that issue, violating you and the disposition of your case is usually beyond your control.

Doctors and dentists have nothing to do with mental health. If itís approved by the P.O. Iím not complying.

View Post
    Doctors and dentists have nothing to do with mental health. If it’s approved by the P.O. I’m not complying.
    Actually there is a coincidence of people with mental health issues and poor dental hygiene and personal care issues.

Anyway, just keep up the belligerence. You’ll work your way into jail, or a mental health facility where your 90 day sentence won’t mean a thing

And it was never part of my plan. Anytime Iíve sat down with this case worker to discuss my quarterly at no point was mandatory physician and dentist brought up. They said given my probable high cholesterol and cavities from not flossing as child would make it in my best interest to see someone.

However with this outfit I was allowed to make my own treatment plan after being discharged and seeing my newly assigned therapist, not once did I bring up a dentist or physician or agree to see one after they asked, my reply has always been Iíll consider it.

Iíve got no problem at this point telling them Iíll comply then missing my appointments intentionally. Judge and P.O. will eventually get fed up and revoke my Probation or slap me with hefty fines which I can also refuse to pay.

View Post
    And it was never part of my plan. Anytime I’ve sat down with this case worker to discuss my quarterly at no point was mandatory physician and dentist brought up. They said given my probable high cholesterol and cavities from not flossing as child would make it in my best interest to see someone.

However with this outfit I was allowed to make my own treatment plan after being discharged and seeing my newly assigned therapist, not once did I bring up a dentist or physician or agree to see one after they asked, my reply has always been I’ll consider it.

I’ve got no problem at this point telling them I’ll comply then missing my appointments intentionally. Judge and P.O. will eventually get fed up and revoke my Probation or slap me with hefty fines which I can also refuse to pay.
    The concern with your dental and medical care is very unusual. I suspect we aren’t getting the whole picture.

The whole picture is $$$.

All I have at this point is my disability check and I canít find any type of employment unless itís under the table due to ongoing expedited reinstatement. This particular issue started with the SSA in March 2016 and theyíve screwed up my case so badly they canít even say where they are in the process with 100% certainty.

On top of the fines I incurred my engine spun a bearing about 2 weeks ago and my provisional benefit check which was deposited on 8/28 is all but gone and somehow Iím supposed to afford all this other shit.

Welp looks like Iíll go blackmail her now.

Despite the charge and sentence, 2 days after the officer took my muzzleloader I ordered another with the B.B. Gun using my PayPal credit account.

Once the warrant was served I went and bought a couple cheap white wood boards and treated them with 3/4 gallon of boric acid and borax desolved in water. I did the same with some leftover plywood I found.

Each piece was hit with 2 coats of flex seal, assembled and sealed with waterproof silicone caulk and hit it with a few coats of thermoplastic rubberized adhesive.

Wrapped the muzzleloader up in 3 plastic bags That were sealed with gorilla tape and buried it in the backyard.

Iím going inform her of this and record because it leaves her no choice but to report it my P.O.

If she doesnít Iíll make sure to present the recording to the court if they put me in violation.

Also realized they can force me to see a doctor but a criminal court canít force to pay even if Iím sued over it. My only income is SSDI and my car is worth less than &
    $6k and in shitty shape so thereís nothing a civil court judge can do to ensure the doctor and dentist get paid.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast