Can a H1B transfer be initiated while you are on CAP gap, i.e. Previous H1B has expired and current company has filed extension.

H1-B is expired but an extension was filed before the expiration. So, current legal status is valid since extension is in process.

However, if I want to switch jobs right now. Can the new employer file for a transfer before I get approval for my H-1B extension from current employer?