Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Unopposed Motion to Enlarge Time

    My question involves paternity law for the State of: florida
    Is it possible to request an extension to respond to a 20 day summons?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Unopposed Motion to Enlarge Time

    If you bring a motion, serve it, notice it, have it heard, and convince a court to grant the relief that you are requesting before your response is due, then you can get an extension.

    If not, then I suggest getting your answer filed on time or having the other party agree in writing to give you additional time.

    If you are having trouble responding to whatever it was that was served upon you, consider retaining a lawyer to advise and assist you.

    If we are to assume that you are the respondent in a paternity case, it's usually very easy to respond to a petition claiming that you are the biological father of a child -- in most cases you admit it (not something I recommend without DNA testing), or you decline to admit or deny paterntiy and seek DNA testing.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Custody and Visitation Issues: Modification of Parenting Time: Motion to Dismiss or Counter Motion
    By Bethhahn75 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2018, 12:12 PM
  2. Motion to Modification for More Time
    By Jm0516 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2017, 07:28 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
  4. Motions: Motion to Extend/Enlarge
    By Marauder in forum Civil Procedure
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM
  5. Motion Regarding Parenting Time
    By sportypenny in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources