Default Private Buyer Never Transferred Used Car Title

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: I sold my car to this person in May 2017. I recently found out that he never transfer vehicle from my name to his so he is driving this car without registration and expired tab. I received 3 tickets from county and had to pay fine for his.

I want him to register this car as his car but I do not know his name, address and all I have is his cell phone number which I am not sure that he still keeps this number. I am not living in the US and have very tough time dealing with this. I talked to my lawyer about his and he said that this will cost me more than $ 3000 to fix. Anyone know what should I do?

Default Re: Private Buyer Never Transfer Title

What state are you in?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Yoko Berger
    View Post
    Anyone know what should I do?
    If you are anywhere in the US, I know what you should have done.

1 - Made sure his name and address were put in the buyer section of the title, then kept copies of both sides.
    2 - Made duplicate bill of sales with both your signatures and kept one for your records.
    3 - Filed a sold notice with the DMV.

Did you do any of that?

State of MN. I called DMV, DPV, DVS and the county where I had to pay for citation fees. They all said they have no idea how to solve this problem. I talked to lawyer and he said
    it will cost me $2500 and I don't even have to come back to US to do anything. I have tough time believing him. $2500 is a lot of money to begin with, and if he ask me to come back to
    US on top of that, I cannot pay for his service. Any way I can report this to law enforcement ? This person is driving around this car without title transfer, no registration and no auto insurance.

no I did not. I sold my car before ( twice) and never had to do any of these things which now I know that I was just lucky that I sold my car to honest people. Can I solve this problem without using lawyer?

1. Sponsored Links