Default Soliciting Naked Pictures from a Minor

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia

I may be charged for getting naked pictures from a minor. I met this girl on an online chat and date website lying about her age. She told me to text her number so I did and messaged her. Me and her had a normal conversation just get to know one another. Then she asked for me to send a sexual explicit picture of myself. So I told her to hold on but never did. I asked her why and gave me a reply saying "I just want to see it" so I told her to hold on I had a phone call but I never did send any pictures. She asked me if I wanted to see explicit photos of her and I told her yeah and she sent photos. I asked her how old she was and said she 17 but her parents say she 16. And now her parents are about to press charges Is there any illegal activity against me that I could be charged with?

Default Re: Sex Offenses

This sounds like a scam. Have the parents asked for money ?

Default Re: Soliciting Naked Pictures from a Minor

Quote Quoting Andybyers15@gmail.com
    View Post
    She asked me if I wanted to see explicit photos of her and I told her yeah and she sent photos. I asked her how old she was and said she 17 but her parents say she 16.
    In what order did these events happen? In other words, before you told her "yeah" in response to her question about whether you wanted "explicit photos" of her, did you know that she was a minor? Or did you not bother to ask "her" age until after "she" sent you the picture(s)?

View Post
    And now her parents are about to press charges
    No, they're not. Her parents can report what happened to the police, but only the county prosecutor can actually file charges against you.

View Post
    Is there any illegal activity against me that I could be charged with?
    Yes. Either you knowingly solicited "explicit" photos from a minor or you solicited "explicit" photos from a person whose age you didn't know.

Hint for the future: There are plenty of really explicit photos on the internet. You don't need to solicit them from persons unknown to you. By the way, unless you actually spoke with this person, you don't actually know if it was a female.

1. Sponsored Links