Default Igntion Interlock (IID) Requirements With an Out-of-State DUI

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: AL- A DUI in Tn with an Alabama drivers license. Alabama dept. of public safety says they do not honor a tennessee court requiring ignition interlock device on 1st dui out of state, and stated to fight the issue. What is TN court reaction likely to be to alabama not honoring or requiring IID?

Default Re: Alabama Dept of Public Safety Says

Possibly a warrant for your arrest if you don't show compliance. Certainly if you drive in TN and get pulled over.

I think you'd better talk to an attorney rather than rely on something a bureaucrat tells you.

I see you have two other posts about your drunk driving. Did you really not have sense enough to put all your questions in one place?

Sigh.

Alabama has no requirement to aid you and Tennessee in carrying out Tennessee's requirement for an interlock, and certainly Alabama isn't going to pay for it. You'll have to work something out with Tennessee about that, if you can. One of the problems with committing crimes in another state is dealing with the requirements of whatever sentence you get — which may require that you be in that other state to meet those requirements. If you haven't consulted a Tennessee DUI lawyer about this stuff, it would be a good idea to do that.

It doesn’t matter if Alabama honors a Tennessee order or not. If your rules of probation as issued by tennessee require you to have an interlock device on your vehicle, if you drive anywhere without an interlock device, you would be in violation of the terms of your probation. You can be held liable for such a violation.

While alabama may not care if you have an interlock device, since it isn’t their probation order involved, they reslly don’t have to. If and when Tennessee discovers you have violated probation, they can react accordingly as they would with any other probationer that has violated their rules of probation

bottom line: as taxing matters said; this is between you and Tennessee.

What would be the correct way to post questions? I see a "Reply to Thread" and a "Post Quick Reply"? I also thought from previously posting questions some years ago that if it was a different question about the same situation, that they needed to be posted seperately? Now I'm getting a different response from you?

Alabama Dept. of Public Safety admits that because the DUI occured out of state there are certain things they won't enforce, I believe she said the IID and Implied Consent Laws would not be required by Alabama. Does Tennessee do anything different because a DUI occured in their state by an out of state driver?

Quote Quoting lorie42
    View Post
    What would be the correct way to post questions? I see a "Reply to Thread" and a "Post Quick Reply"? I also thought from previously posting questions some years ago that if it was a different question about the same situation, that they needed to be posted seperately? Now I'm getting a different response from you?
    It’s preferable you ask questions concerning the same situation in the same thread. It helps maintain a continuity of information as it evolves.

I dont believe the post quick reply or reply to thread are different in their basic function. The reply to thread allows you to quote multiple posters in the same response though. If you go through the thread and click on the icon that looks like the quote icon but has a + symbol next to it, you can click on multiple posts and then click reply to thread. All of the chosen posts will be in your response box

Quote Quoting lorie42
    View Post
    Alabama Dept. of Public Safety admits that because the DUI occured out of state there are certain things they won't enforce, I believe she said the IID and Implied Consent Laws would not be required by Alabama. Does Tennessee do anything different because a DUI occured in their state by an out of state driver?
    It matters not ONE WHIT what Alabama chooses to "enforce" for TN. It's not even their job to do so. If you are required to have an IID by TN for parole/probation or as a condition of your license suspension/revokation, then you must have one. If TN finds out you don't, they can take appropriate corrective action against you.

1. Sponsored Links