Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can Your Ex- Claim an Interest in Marital Property After Quit Claiming it To You

As has been stated, this is not answerable without a review of documents not available to us. If the situation is sticky enough that it's already in litigation, this question should be posed to a lawyer who has reviewed the relevant documents and, ideally, also is familiar with the claims and defenses raised in that litigation.

Default Re: Can Your Ex- Claim an Interest in Marital Property After Quit Claiming it To You

The memory loss is actually a pretty big deal - it may well be found that he was not competent when he signed the quit claim.

Default Re: A Jointly Owned Home is Quit Claimed to Other, Can a Judge Force a Property Parti

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Can the judge do this -- i.e., does the judge have the ability to do this? Of course.

It all depends on what the relevant documents, including your divorce decree, say. Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox No one on an internet message board has the ability to opine intelligently about the legal effect of documents we haven't read.

Bottom line: if you've been sued, then you need to engage legal counsel to advise and defend you.
    he quit claimed his portion to me and gave me a gift to refinance to take his name off the mortgage. The refinance fell through, not my fault. He wants the house partitioned and his gift money returned.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2