Default U.S. Citizen Wants to Marry Refugee with Legal Status in Another Country

I am an American citizen and I want to marry my fiancé who is a Syrian refugee legally living in Turkey and bring him here to the USA. Is this possible and what is the best way to do this?

Default Re: U.S. Citizen Wants to Marry Refugee with Legal Status in Another Country

I don’t know a lot about immigration but since Syria is on trumps list of countries where immigrants are banned, I susoect there is nothing you can do to bring him to the US.

Default Re: U.S. Citizen Wants to Marry Refugee with Legal Status in Another Country

You need to get to an immigration attorney immediately. Actually, the ban on Syrian immigrants is on again-off again depending on the latest court decision. Understand that not withstanding the country ban, you're looking at somewhere between six months and a year to bring her in. You may have to go to Jordon to have the embassy interview.

The last I heard, scotus upheld the ban that included Syria. Since it is from the scotus, there is no reason to believe it will be different until Trump changes it.

1. Sponsored Links