Default LPR Remained Outside of the USA for Over a Year Due to Medical Reasons

Dear Sir,
    I came to India in jun 2017 for a family visit but got pregnant and lost my twins in 6 month .i was hospitalized and bedridden whole time and doctor recommended not to travel. It had been 15 months outside USA .
    My husband works as professor in university and we have own house , joined tax, mortgage and insurance in both our names . I have all medical records for June . As it was unexpected to overstay I donít have rentry permit . Pls explain whether I will have problem at port of entry .

Default Re: LPR Remained Outside of the USA for Over a Year Due to Medical Reasons

If you can document that you were not reasonably able to return to the U.S. for the fifteen month period due to a medical condition, it is possible that the USCIS (or, if necessary, an immigration judge) will find that your extended absence does not reflect an intention to abandon your permanent residency; but under the facts I suggest working with an immigration lawyer. You can look into the possibility of a SB-1 returning resident visa.

Default Re: LPR Remained Outside of the USA for Over a Year Due to Medical Reasons

I'm sorry for your loss.

Look for SB-1.

Your husband's employer should be able to refer you to the immigration attorneys they use to prepare you for the process.

1. Sponsored Links