Default How to Stop Somebody from Making Derogatory Comments on Your Facebook Posts

My question involves defamation in the state of: NY

I belong to an online garage sale group on Facebook. Whenever I post things I am selling, there's one person that posts derogatory comments on my items, e.g., "She asks too much for her stuff and won't budge on the prices." or "She's just selling junk." I casually know him and he is a local antique dealer/collector. I have something he want's very badly, but he will not pay me a fair market price. I will not sell it to him unless he does. It was after my refusal that this behavior began. I have reported him to FB in general, and also the specific group administrators, but they have done nothing. My plaint is that if someone sees these remarks, I may lose customers because if it.

Default Re: Is There Anything I Can Do About Derogatory Posts About My Garage Sales on Facebo

I would simply reply to his posts in a very nice way, "This person is posting this because I refuse to sell him an antique at a price below market value."

Default Re: Is There Anything I Can Do About Derogatory Posts About My Garage Sales on Facebo

How often do you have garage sales?

In any event, statements that you "ask[] too much" and are "just selling junk" are nothing more than opinions and, therefore, not legally actionable.

Just block the person so he can't see your profile or posts.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    How often do you have garage sales?
    Two or three times a year depending on the weather and my ambition level.

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    Just block the person so he can't see your profile or posts.
    That may work for my main page, but I can't block him on a group page which is where he lashes out.

1. Sponsored Links