Default Driving While Under the Influence of Prescription Drugs

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: All 48 states. Was told by a Workman Comp Insurance doctor he did not care about state motor vehicle statues, DOT or FMCSR, and the Congress and Senate are not doctors; therefore my driving under the influence of CNS prescription drugs is legal. From my understanding (limited) of the laws Doctor's orders are no defense to drugged driving procedure. If this is truth; explain why over 68% of work related injuries are driving to and from work on 2 or more prescription drugs?

Default Re: Driving Under the Influance of Prescription Drugs

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: All 48 states. Was told by a Workman Comp Insurance doctor he did not care about state motor vehicle statues, DOT or FMCSR, and the Congress and Senate are not doctors; therefore my driving under the influence of CNS prescription drugs is legal. From my understanding (limited) of the laws Doctor's orders are no defense to drugged driving procedure. If this is truth; explain why over 68% of work related injuries are driving to and from work on 2 or more prescription drugs?
    That worker's comp doctor is an idiot, at least as to law and if he is implying that driving on prescribed medications is never dangerous then he's an idiot as a doctor, too. A doctor's view of the law is pretty much worthless since that is not his area of expertise. Certainly the opinion of a doctor does not override what state statutes say about driving under the influence of prescribed drugs. Many states make it illegal to drive under the influence (which means that the drug is impairing your ability to drive) of any drug, whether prescribed or not. And that statute applies regardless of what any doctor thinks of it.

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    If this is truth; explain why over 68% of work related injuries are driving to and from work on 2 or more prescription drugs?
    Where did you get that statistic? That's certainly not the case in my state. Even if that statistic were accurate for some state or an average for all states (which I would find hard to believe) that has nothing to do with the legality of driving under the influence of drugs.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Where did you get that statistic? That's certainly not the case in my state. Even if that statistic were accurate for some state or an average for all states (which I would find hard to believe) that has nothing to do with the legality of driving under the influence of drugs.
    What makes that statistic even more ridiculous is that in most cases driving to and from work wouldn't be considered a workers compensation injury. Driving while working would be.

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: All 48 states.
    Did we lose a couple and no one told me?!

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    Was told by a Workman Comp Insurance doctor he did not care about state motor vehicle statues
    Any "statues" in particular, or does he not care about all "motor vehicle statues" in "all 48 states"? Any particular reason this doctor shared his opinion about "motor vehicle statues" with you?

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    DOT or FMCSR, and the Congress and Senate are not doctors
    Well...the Senate is obviously part of Congress. Also, by percentage, physicians are actually over-represented in Congress, with 15 members of the current Congress being medical doctors.

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    therefore my driving under the influence of CNS prescription drugs is legal.
    Well...let me suggest that you report this idiot to the medical licensing authority in your unidentified state. I certainly hope it goes without saying that some doctor's personal opinions do not override the law.

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    From my understanding (limited) of the laws Doctor's orders are no defense to drugged driving procedure.
    Correct. A doctor cannot authorize a person to violate laws that prohibit driving under the influence (or any other laws).

Quote Quoting tao4mind
    View Post
    If this is truth; explain why over 68% of work related injuries are driving to and from work on 2 or more prescription drugs?
    I highly doubt this statistic has any basis in reality (especially since injuries suffered during one's commute to and from work are not typically covered by workers' comp insurance). However, even if it does, I doubt anyone here has the ability to explain it (or what it has to do with what some nut-job doctor told you).

1. Sponsored Links