Default Is it a Defense That Your GPS Showed a Different Speed Than Your Speeding Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Iowa
    Do I have a case if the GPS speed limit differs from what appears on a photo speeding ticket? In my case, I was in an area of 25mph zone at the end if a downtown area, entering an area outside downtown with wooded areas on my sides, my GPS speed limit shows a change from 25 to 35 mph, and there are no other speed limit signs for over a 1/4 mile at least. After about a 1/2 mile, you return to a posted 25 mph limit. I received a ticket for doing 36 in a 25mph. I was well before the next speed limit sign which is where it went into a stoplight area- and past the stop light there was another 25 mph sign. I do not believe I was in a 25 mph zone where the address was stated in the ticket. Should I contest?

Thank You

Default Re: Photo Speeding Ticket- Speed Limit Differs on Gps Per What is Stated on the Ticke

What your GPS read as the speed means NOTHING.

Default Re: Photo Speeding Ticket- Speed Limit Differs on Gps Per What is Stated on the Ticke

More importantly, the GPS speed limit display means less than NOTHING. I have often been driving on roads where the posted speed limit and the GPS displayed speed limit differ by 10 mph or more. The GPS companies are not perfect in keeping up with changes in speed limits, especially when and where they change, either up or down. In your case it may be that there used to be a 35 mph area between the two 25 mph sections that was removed making the entire stretch 25 mph and the GPS company did not update their database to reflect that.

Let me get this straight...

You seriously believe it might be possible for the speed limit shown on your GPS to trump the posted signs? Seriously?

I thought maybe OP meant that according to his GPS, he was going 10 MPH slower than the citation said, but then .... wow, just wow....

1. Sponsored Links