Question Threatened with a Lawsuit Over a Bank Overdraft

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: fl
    I just got a call that I'm being sued by Bank of America for $1,700 plus $$ for a $500. Overdraft from 14 years ago. I'm homeless and they want to take me to court in whatever state I'm in I have no money I've had a stroke brain surgery and have died twice plus degenerative spin disease I'm struggling now in life but I'm alive
    And I looked up Bank of America and there's a lawsuit they settled on for $66 million
    For them overdrafting people what the hell should I be worried that there going to bury me I have nothing to give I got a little acre of land in my name will they take that and my car and tools

Default Re: Overdraft from 14 Years Ago 2004

You got a call from whom?
    Lawsuits are not instigated by phone calls. I can almost bet this came from some scumsucking collection agency.
    A 14-year-old overdrawn check is not likely legally actionable.

Quote Quoting Jeffroe
    View Post
    I just got a call that I'm being sued by [a bank] for $1,700 plus $$ for a $500.
    A "call that [you're] being sued"? Who called you? Have you actually been sued?

Quote Quoting Jeffroe
    View Post
    I . . . have died twice . . . but I'm alive
    So...you're a zombie? A vampire? A zombie vampire?

Quote Quoting Jeffroe
    View Post
    And I looked up [the bank] and there's a lawsuit they settled on for $66 million
    So? What does that have to do with you?

Quote Quoting Jeffroe
    View Post
    should I be worried
    I doubt you're actually being sued. Until and unless you get sued, you seemingly have far bigger concerns.

Some isl see spoke fast and couldn't really under stand call was a Austin Texas number

My point in explaining what's happened to me is my memory is very bad I don't remember 14 years ago to well

I'm just worried I had 1 acre property gifted to me by my mother to help me out since I'm in bad shape I'm just worried that they'll take it and I have no way of fighting it a

Even if the bank sues you and gets a judgment, it is extremely rare for an ordinary civil judgment creditor to try and enforce a judgment against the judgment debtor's real property interests -- especially in the State of Florida where one's personal residence is entirely exempt from such enforcement. That's why OJ Simpson can live in his posh home in Florida without being in fear of enforcement of the 8-figure civil judgment against him for killing his ex-wife and her boyfriend.

Yeah. No longer live in Florida my property is in nc I'm just worried I've worked very hard to make it this far to loose everything at this point thank you

1. Sponsored Links