Default Will Insurance Cover Injuries Caused by a Driver With a Suspended License

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California.

I got my license suspended in April because I needed my doctor to fill out some forms for my diabetes and did not get it filled out in time. Long story short it was a long process with the doctor and I have an appointment with drivers safety in October so I still have a suspended license. Today I was in line at Starbucks and bumped into the car in front of me. There are scratches but not much damage was done.

I have insurance still for my car but I want to know will my insurance cover the damages for the other party? And what will happen since my license is suspended and will this prolong me getting my license back? Will I be in any type of trouble? The other party knows my license is suspended because I initially tried to settle without going through insurance.

Default Re: Suspended License

Quote Quoting Miranddaaaa
    View Post
    I got my license suspended. . . . Today I . . . bumped into the car in front of me. There are scratches but not much damage was done. I have insurance still for my car but I want to know will my insurance cover the damages for the other party?
    Ask your insurer.

From a legal perspective, you were obligated to inform your insurer that your license had been suspended but obviously didn't do that. If your insurer learns about that, it may decline your claim and cancel your policy retroactively. It might be smarter to try and convince the other driver to let you pay directly for the damage to the other car, rather than go through your insurance.

View Post
    And what will happen since my license is suspended and will this prolong me getting my license back?
    I'm not sure exactly what this question means, but we have no ability to predict the future.

View Post
    Will I be in any type of trouble?
    Well...you know that driving on a suspended license is a crime, right?

1. Sponsored Links