Angry Washington State Speeding Ticket, No License on Person

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

I received a ticket for going 72 in a 60 (Statute code 46.61.400) and No Driver's License on Person (Statute code 46.20.017)

I have a valid California driver's license, but not on my person at the time of the stop. The officer asked me to write down my information, but then proceeded to enter my name incorrectly on the ticket.

Prior to the stop he was on the side of the road finishing writing someone else a ticket then pulled behind me. I remember slowing significantly to 40-50 MPH because I was in the left lane where officers were writing tickets. Once the Officer pulled behind me I made a right lane change then he followed suit and put his lights on. Initially I couldn't believe he stopped me for speeding and I question the legitimacy of his 72MPH reading. There was moderate traffic at the time.

I anticipate filing for a contested hearing and not filing for deferred findings because I'm stubborn and don't want to pay administrative fees. Is there anyway to get out of the fees?

He marked SMD on my ticket how legitimate is this number?

Is there anyway to get the "driving without license on person" dismissed if the speeding is dismissed?

What are my best options from here?

Thanks!

Default Re: Washington State Speeding Ticket

Read through this thread:

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89115

Then submit a request for discovery, redact it and post it for review.

Was he in his car before coming after you or did he have to walk back to and get in his car, then pull you over?

He was on a the side of the road then mounted his motorcycle

I've seen many motor officer mount their bikes. I've never seen one "jump" on to one.

Based on the officer’s sworn statement, nothing really pops out to me as a viable defense, but since RCW 46.20.017 (Immediate possession and displayed on demand) is a nonmoving offense, you should be able to defer both the speeding and license charges for the court’s administrative fee of $136, which would save you some money and keep your record clean.

Per RCW 46.63.070(5)(b):

A person may not receive more than one deferral within a seven-year period for traffic infractions for moving violations and more than one deferral within a seven-year period for traffic infractions for nonmoving violations.

1. Sponsored Links