Default How to Purchase Seized Jewelry

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: New Jersey

I’m interested to know if it’s possible to buy seized jewelry directly from attorneys. I’m a small business individual and I buy & sell gold & diamonds for living. I heard from a few friends living in a different state that it’s possible to purchase a large amount of seized jewelry from attorneys from time to time. Can anyone help me to find information about it and who to contact? Thank you very much.

Default Re: Seized Jewelry

Quote Quoting Gamila77
    View Post
    My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: New Jersey

I’m interested to know if it’s possible to buy seized jewelry directly from attorneys. I’m a small business individual and I buy & sell gold & diamonds for living. I heard from a few friends living in a different state that it’s possible to purchase a large amount of seized jewelry from attorneys from time to time. Can anyone help me to find information about it and who to contact? Thank you very much ��
    Why would attorneys have any access to seized jewelry? The police might seize jewelry under the RICO Act and might possibly auction it off from time to time, but I cannot imagine why an attorney would have any reason or even any opportunity to seize jewelry except in very rare circumstances.

Default Re: Seized Jewelry

If the attorneys somehow become the legal owners of the jewelry that was seized, then if they are willing to sell their jewelry, then of course you can.

Otherwise, why the jewelry was seized will determine if you can purchase the jewelry from anybody and from whom you can purchase it from

Default Re: How to Purchase Seized Jewelry

Jewelry seized by the police can come up for auction. Investigate the auctions, attend them (in person or, when possible, online), bid, and see what you can win.

If you're speaking of prosecuting attorneys, the disposition of seized assets is not part of their job.

People often leave out important details. Or perhaps, they do not have all the facts. Probably a combination of both.

Quote Quoting Gamila77
    View Post
    I’m interested to know if it’s possible to buy seized jewelry directly from attorneys.
    It is possible (albeit perhaps not legal) to purchase anything from anyone who has possession of the thing being purchased. As a general matter, attorneys are not in the business of selling jewelry (seized or otherwise). However, if you are able to find an attorney who is selling jewelry, then you can attempt to negotiate with that attorney to buy the jewelry.

Quote Quoting Gamila77
    View Post
    I heard from a few friends living in a different state that it’s possible to purchase a large amount of seized jewelry from attorneys from time to time. Can anyone help me to find information about it and who to contact?
    In my 30 years in the legal field, I have never heard of any sort of marketplace whereby attorney sell "seized jewelry" (whatever exactly that means). Perhaps you ought to inquire of your friend about whom you could contact.

1. Sponsored Links