Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How Much Do Past Actions Matter in a Custody Case

No matter what he did in the past. Let dad see his kids. Children should not pay adult consequences. I understand that his inconsistence may cause psychological trauma but DONT BE PART OF HIS GAME. Because they’ll resent on you not him. If hes playing games at the court, let the judge find out on its own. Document everything. Good luck!

Quote Quoting Mtxpro123
    View Post
    No matter what he did in the past. Let dad see his kids. Children should not pay adult consequences. I understand that his inconsistence may cause psychological trauma but DONT BE PART OF HIS GAME. Because they’ll resent on you not him. If hes playing games at the court, let the judge find out on its own. Document everything. Good luck!
    You have a lot of room to talk, since you are seriously playing games yourself. You should not be posting on other people's threads.

Quote Quoting Mtxpro123
    View Post
    No matter what he did in the past. Let dad see his kids. Children should not pay adult consequences. I understand that his inconsistence may cause psychological trauma but DONT BE PART OF HIS GAME.
    I'm going to assume you're trolling this post since you're implying psychological trauma is okay.

Aside from that, I've never kept dad from his kids. Dad kept himself from them.

Quote Quoting JustAnotherParent
    View Post
    I'm going to assume you're trolling this post since you're implying psychological trauma is okay.

That is a really good assumption. Mtxpro123 has no legal knowledge, which is evident in his own posts. Please do not take any of his ramblings with a grain of salt. Engagement with him will only encourage him and will result in pages of nonsense.

Quote Quoting Mtxpro123
    View Post
    You need to go away.

View Post

Ignore him. He's a crazy person. (Look up his posting history you'll see - he's very into psychological trauma).

Well, turns out my ex hasn't changed much despite his recent actions to look super involved.

After I posted my original question, he took the kids and refused to return them. Claims his lawyer okayed it. He still has them, and police said "it's a civil matter so we can't get involved" when I called. They wouldn't even take a report even though I have an actual custody agreement from the court plus texts telling ex he needs to give the kids back.

Ex's reasons for keeping them include "my lawyer said I could," "It's in the kids' best interest," and "my lawyer said to minimize transitions between us." Nothing has been filed other than the custody modification that I mentioned in the original post.

Oh, and he lied and pretended he brought the kids to school. The principal personally helped search for them since ex insisted they were there.

I hope judges take this stuff seriously (when a parent willingly ignores the custody order). The police sure didn't.

View Post
    Well, turns out my ex hasn't changed much despite his recent actions to look super involved.

After I posted my original question, he took the kids and refused to return them. Claims his lawyer okayed it. He still has them, and police said "it's a civil matter so we can't get involved" when I called. They wouldn't even take a report even though I have an actual custody agreement from the court plus texts telling ex he needs to give the kids back.

Ex's reasons for keeping them include "my lawyer said I could," "It's in the kids' best interest," and "my lawyer said to minimize transitions between us." Nothing has been filed other than the custody modification that I mentioned in the original post.

Oh, and he lied and pretended he brought the kids to school. The principal personally helped search for them since ex insisted they were there.

I hope judges take this stuff seriously (when a parent willingly ignores the custody order). The police sure didn't.
    Omg what the hell? "My lawyer said I could..." His lawyer isn't the one who is in control of the court order. His lawyer is probably going to drop him as a client as soon as he hears about this. I would if I was his lawyer. What the hell? That's so weird the police wouldn't even take a report.

Do you have a lawyer? You need to get some kind of emergency modification filed asap. Wow.

What if he did drop the kids off at school. But someone snatched them. How much time would be lost ? Before the principal notified authorities two children were missing. Before the principal realized dad lied. I understand this is highly unlikely. But in this day and time. No one can assume their children are safe at school. No parent in their right mind would say they dropped of their children at school. When they still had them.

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    Omg what the hell? "My lawyer said I could..." His lawyer isn't the one who is in control of the court order. His lawyer is probably going to drop him as a client as soon as he hears about this. I would if I was his lawyer. What the hell? That's so weird the police wouldn't even take a report.

Do you have a lawyer? You need to get some kind of emergency modification filed asap. Wow.
    Yeah, I wrote back and stated that only a judge can change our legal custody agreement and said the kids need to be returned. Ex ignored this message and instead sent a bunch of paragraphs back about how the kids are hurt and angry with me because I bought a video game Ex doesn't own. Ex said I bought the video game just to make him mad. I'm so confused about why anyone would even think like this. And I'm extra confused why someone would withhold kids from the other parent just for the heck of it and then send a bunch of texts about a video game. He sends messages like this pretty much every day, and usually from morning to night.

We live in a rural area, so I guess the police don't come out for this stuff? I had to leave a voicemail for the police and wait for a call back. Also complicating the matter is that ex lives in an unincorporated area, so the police disagreed about which city should take the case. I found out there is a large county office that covers all the cities in my area and takes in-person reports, so I'm going to drive up there and try filing one.

And I do have a lawyer now, thankfully, and we are taking action (including a motion asking ex to stop sending accusatory texts unrelated to important parenting matters - like the video game one, for example). But I appreciate all the help I've received here recently.

Generally speaking, the police do not get involved in civil matters like this. You would need to get a court order that they can assist in retrieving the children. So I would talk to your lawyer ASAP about an emergency hearing/order. The judge is unlikely to be pleased. With Dad.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2