Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Who is Responsible for Pick Up

There is also the alternative of enrolling the child in a school midway between the two residences.

We suggested that. In fact the school in their old hometown where the son has several friends is a great charter school which he was accepted to. My own 2 boys go there. His mom right out refused. She is not flexible about the school, scheduling or driving.
    We went along with the school choice because we didnít want to go back to court and we thought she would be fair about the driving. At this point we donít want to pull him out of his school. He has a lot of new friends and is in to sports There. Weíve been doing this for over a year now.

We have the raw end of the deal as he is getting older he wants to do more with his friends that are in the town he goes to school in. We totally get it and itís heathy and we driving him back and forth on our days to spend time with friends as well as our regular driving drop off pick up schedule. Itís just too much when his mom is not driving but only one day a week. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Quoting maryrad
    View Post
    I was hoping that someone actually had some concrete legal advice or past experience to share. I didnít expect so much criticism. Really disappointing.
    I certainly didn't criticize you. I didn't read all the responses before mine, though. Anyway, you cannot get reliable legal advice on an internet message board (read or re-read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page), and I don't know if anyone who posts here regularly is in MA or is a family law attorney in MA. There's also not much for anyone to tell you based on what you posted beyond what I already told you: If the court order is silent about this issue, then the parents either need to work it out between themselves or, if they are incapable of doing so, they'll need to ask the court to micromanage their lives.

I am in MA. I am not a family law attorney (or an attorney at all) but I am in MA.

And if you were looking for a law that says "when x happens Parent A is the one responsible for pick up" there isn't one. If the court says who picks up, then that's who picks up. Otherwise, Mom and Dad can put on their big girl and big boy panties and work out a reasonable solution between them like grown ups do, or if they'd rather behave like children then can go back to court and let the judge decide.

That is not a criticism of you, btw. It is, and make no mistake about it, a criticism of any set of parents (not limited to the ones in this thread) who are unable behave like adults and make decisions based on what is good for the child and not what's best for them.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2