Question Do Restraining Orders Make Things Worse

Do these restraining orders actually help keep the peace or just provoke people? Because the temporary restraining order put against me is annoying. If it turns permanent and ends up on my records, making me look like some violent person for no good reason, I'm seriously going to make sure the people that put the restraining order against me suffer at least as much as I have. They are making an enemy where one didn't exist, and the fact they think this might help protect them is baffling to me.

It's tremendously idiotic.

Default Re: Responding to False Claims in a Petition for a TRO

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    Do these restraining orders actually help keep the peace or just provoke people? Because the temporary restraining order put against me is annoying. If it turns permanent and ends up on my records, making me look like some violent person for no good reason, I'm seriously going to make sure the people that put the restraining order against me suffer at least as much as I have. They are making an enemy where one didn't exist, and the fact they think this might help protect them is baffling to me.

It's tremendously idiotic.
    Sounds like you might deserve to have an order against you!

A TRO allows the police to assist a victim in protecting themselves. Absent a restraining order, activities designed to harass and intimidate can often be perfectly legal, depending on the circumstances. Without them, the police are often incapable of assisting the petitioner. If having one placed on you provokes you to vengeance or violence, then they were correct in seeking one.

Perhaps you might benefit from seeking therapy, and, seeking legal representation to help you contest the order in court.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Funny you should say therapy. It was a doctors office that put one against me. They said I was a paranoid schizophrenic on the restraining order. So I went to see a psychiatrist two days ago. He's actually a professor for UC Davis, and the director for the health group I'm a part of. He said I definitely didn't have paranoid schizophrenia. Anyway, the fact is, the dumb NP that put one against me on behalf of the whole office lied and said I interacted with people I never have in my life. I don't even know their names. Further, I hadn't even interacted with her for like a month before I got served. She wasn't even on my radar, and now she is again.

All the restraining order does is beg for escalation, and for me to do things that are nasty, which I won't get caught for, instead of letting her know what I think of her incompetence in a normally legal and civil manner, until the dumb restraining order.

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    Funny you should say therapy. It was a doctors office that put one against me.
    So, it's a Civil Harassment Order, then?

They said I was a paranoid schizophrenic on the restraining order. So I went to see a psychiatrist two days ago. He's actually a professor for UC Davis, and the director for the health group I'm a part of. He said I definitely didn't have paranoid schizophrenia. Anyway, the fact is, the dumb NP that put one against me on behalf of the whole office lied and said I interacted with people I never have in my life. I don't even know their names. Further, I hadn't even interacted with her for like a month before I got served. She wasn't even on my radar, and now she is again.
    Your actual diagnosis really won't matter, it will be the actions that gave rise to their concern and whether the office employees or staff are concerned that you might pose a risk to their persons or property.

You note in another thread that you were NOT served, yet here you say you were. Which is it?

If - when you go to court - the court decides that you are not a threat to the people there, he can deny the petition.

All the restraining order does is beg for escalation, and for me to do things that are nasty, which I won't get caught for, instead of letting her know what I think of her incompetence in a normally legal and civil manner, until the dumb restraining order.
    ^^^^ THIS response ^^^^ is why it appears that the order is both justified and necessary!

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

That's a dumbass way of thinking. It's not necessary because I see it as provocation. It IS provocation. I liked the doctor's office before they messed with me. It seems you don't pay close attention to detail because I made it clear that I wasn't served with the new court date, as the documents explicitly dictate needs to happen. The fact is, I never considered doing anything nasty to the doctor's office, but if the permanent order gets through? I definitely will, and I won't get caught either. Even if I do get caught, I won't regret it either.

Edit: Now I'm wondering if the court is really dumb enough to say a completely wrong diagnosis won't matter by a doctor's office that made it. Because it proves their incredible incompetence, as well as the basis for my grievance with them. In simpleton land where drool worthy mind games like, "The fact you find this as provocation is proof you should have it put on you" actually makes sense, I have little chance. It requires anyone with intelligence to seek out vigilantism for any real justice. Fail an IQ test? Become a cop or a lawyer!

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    That's a dumbass way of thinking. It's not necessary because I see it as provocation. It IS provocation.
    Right-minded people do not respond to a legal matter by considering violence and how to get away with said violence.

I liked the doctor's office before they messed with me. It seems you don't pay close attention to detail because I made it clear that I wasn't served with the new court date, as the documents explicitly dictate needs to happen. The fact is, I never considered doing anything nasty to the doctor's office, but if the permanent order gets through? I definitely will, and I won't get caught either. Even if I do get caught, I won't regret it either.
    Just showing why you are a person who really needs to be subject to a restraining order ... and why you really need to get into some counseling. You may not be a paranoid schizophrenic, but there is certainly something not right going on in your head.

Edit: Now I'm wondering if the court is really dumb enough to say a completely wrong diagnosis won't matter by a doctor's office that made it. Because it proves their incredible incompetence, as well as the basis for my grievance with them. In simpleton land where drool worthy mind games like, "The fact you find this as provocation is proof you should have it put on you" actually makes sense, I have little chance. It requires anyone with intelligence to seek out vigilantism for any real justice. Fail an IQ test? Become a cop or a lawyer!
    The petition for the CHO is not going to be dependent upon any diagnosis - correct or not. It will be based upon your actions, or, at least, the petitioner's observation and interpretation of your actions. This may well be bolstered by a doctor's belief that you were a paranoid schizophrenic, or behaving in a manner consistent with someone with such a diagnosis. If you believe that their case truly hinges solely on this diagnosis, then you can march in with your expert and have him or her testify on your behalf. Instead, it seems that you are intent upon either ignoring the matter or reacting violently to it.

Did you attend court today as you say it was scheduled for the 7th? Or, did you ignore the proceeding?

Oh, and reasonable, intelligent, and well-adjusted people do not react violently to such legal provocations.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

I never said I was going to do something violent. You have been annoyingly unhelpful because you do not actually have intimate understanding of the details I outlined in my original post, and then you subject me to your mind numbing mind games, and misinterpretations of what I've said with advice that doesn't help me in the least. Explaining why to you would only subject me to more dumbass advice I don't want to hear and annoys me in a new way... because your reading comprehension, critical thinking skills, or both, suck so much that you make my head hurt.

If you want to hear attaboys and proclamations of false hope, then you've come to the wrong place. You are also focused on the wrong thing if you think that (a) a misdiagnosis of your mental condition will get you off, and, (b) ignoring the order or even violating it is the right thing to do.

The only way you can counter the claims against you is to go to court. You can continue to ignore the proceedings and allow the order to be issued against you, or, you can go to court and fight it. You have not stated whether you appeared in court and what happened, so no one here can possibly tell you how to respond just yet.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links