Default British Masons Must Accept Transgender Members

Expelling masons for transitioning was "unlawful discrimination", the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) warned two weeks ago. UGLE added that women who transition to become men should also be allowed to join, its new gender reassignment policy states.

I would love to hear opinions from solicitors on whether UGLEís claim that they were stuck between a rock and a hard place is valid?

I have read in various news reports that UGLE decided to allow trans people because thatís where the law of the land was headed which would make it impossible for any organization to remain one gender only.

Couldnít UGLE just ask all their current and new members to agree to revised membership rules that members have to be biological males and identify as such throughout the duration of their membership to circumvent the law? Just an FYI that according to a few online forums some lodges in America did revise their rules some time back.

Default Re: Freemasons in England to Allow Transgender Members

Two problems. #1 this is a US law forum. #2 It is not a debate forum.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Two problems. #1 this is a US law forum. #2 It is not a debate forum.
    I see. Well, of course, this is just the sort blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.... You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement,... you whining hypocritical toadies with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding masonic secret handshakes. You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards. Well I wouldn't become a Freemason now if you went down on your lousy stinking knees and begged me.

Interesting reply to my post.

Quote Quoting 2121_Gen
    View Post
    I would love to hear opinions from solicitors on whether UGLEís claim that they were stuck between a rock and a hard place is valid?
    Then posting on a site for U.S. legal issues wasn't a terribly productive thing to do. Also, despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question.

Quote Quoting 2121_Gen
    View Post
    Couldnít UGLE just ask all their current and new members to agree to revised membership rules that members have to be biological males and identify as such throughout the duration of their membership to circumvent the law?
    Yes, anyone "could ask" anything of anyone else.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I see. Well, of course, this is just the sort blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.... You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement,... you whining hypocritical toadies with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding masonic secret handshakes. You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards. Well I wouldn't become a Freemason now if you went down on your lousy stinking knees and begged me.
    Well done, flyingron.

Now let's hear the originator, John Cleese, do it in the Monty Python "Architect Sketch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyL5mAqFJds

1. Sponsored Links