Default What Happens if You Let a Tenant Remain Past Date on Your Notice

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Colorado

In trying to evict a contractor and subcontractor from living in my house, I decided to go with the 28-day notice instead of going for trespass. I didn't plan out the time well as the end day fell in the middle of vacation. During that time, I agreed to let the individual (subcontractor) to stay in the house to paint the interior at a discounted price, not having considered that this could negate the original quit notice. Both names were on the quit notices.

Does my original quit notice still hold or do I need a new one? How long do I have to do the next step after the quit notice period ends. Thank you.

Default Re: What Happens if You Let a Tenant Remain Past Date on Your Notice

As indicated in your other thread, after you served your prior notice you bartered for more work as rent.

You have to start over.

1. Sponsored Links