Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Lies and Framing

Quote Quoting Gnomo777
    View Post
    For clarification, the SM had worked for the corp for 15-years, but had "retired" (in her own words) 3 weeks after I had subpoenaed her, and prior to her appearing at the hearing. She was no longer a corp employee when she testified. Of course, 4-days after she testified she unretired and started a new job, as I came to find out. Bag of worms.

When I was subsequently traveling, I didn't want to walk into some store in another city to shop, and then have the police show up and arrest me, so I went to the trouble to talk to the SMs first in each store I visited.

My real issue is that I see the original SM and ASM, while being corporate employees, as trying to "frame" me for trespassing twice. Maybe the whole thing is just too iffy, but I've seen other cases where people have brought suit for much lesser issues.
    Nothing in this post changes anything previously written. You admittedly violated a protective order entered in favor of an employee of this store. That alone is more than enough to ban you. Everything else is just noise.

No, I did not violate any protective order. If I had done that, the judge would not have dropped the TPO and the case as he did 3 weeks ago. He made it very clear that he was dismissing the case because I had not violated the year-long TPO and he felt that I am no threat. The two trespassing charges by the SM were made "prior" to the complaint being filed. The other stores I visited were roughly 1000 miles away and were not covered by the judge's TPO. I'm sorry, this whole thing is such a mess, it just seems to go round in circles. I thank you very much for your help.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

This isn't a mess. You've been banned from all stores by a corporate rep. It was confirmed by another corporate rep after you made a nuisance of yourself about it. They can ban you for any reason that isn't protected. Any. Reason.

So, don't frequent this business. The retirement of the SM is irrelevant. The corporation backing her typical because, hey, they made her store manager and, thus, trusted her.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    This isn't a mess. You've been banned from all stores by a corporate rep. It was confirmed by another corporate rep after you made a nuisance of yourself about it. They can ban you for any reason that isn't protected. Any. Reason.

So, don't frequent this business. The retirement of the SM is irrelevant. The corporation backing her typical because, hey, they made her store manager and, thus, trusted her.
    Agree. It doesn't matter whether or not you trespassed, it doesn't matter whether or not you violated a TRO. These stores are legally free to ban you for any reason, including an inaccurate reason, and no reason. You have no cause of action against them.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate your time and consideration. It's amazing to me that the two SMs could lie repeatedly to the police on two separate occasions, and get away with it scott free. I guess that's how it works.

Based on your own description of the events, I can make the case that they honestly believed they were telling the truth.

Quote Quoting Gnomo777
    View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate your time and consideration. It's amazing to me that the two SMs could lie repeatedly to the police on two separate occasions, and get away with it scott free. I guess that's how it works.
    They called the police. The first store manager called the police and told them you were on the premises and had been banned. That was evidently true. No issue of lying there. You thought she should have allowed you more time to get out than she did, but that's not an issue of truth. The second manager told the police that you were in a location adjacent to the store and thought you were trespassing. You evidently were at the location she specified, the only issue there being that evidently you were not banned from that location. She may or may not have known that. You cannot know if she lied without knowing what was in her head. She may have simply been mistaken. You are simply jumping to the conclusion she lied without considering the possibility that she might have simply made a mistake. That happens quite often these days, and it is what contributes to the sharp divisions and acrimony that I see in our society.

If you stay clear of the stores owned by the corporation that banned you then you should not have problems going forward. That is the course of action I would take if I were you. There is no basis for suing the corporation that I can see, and even if there were, I'm not seeing much by way of damages you could get in a lawsuit. I suggest you simply let this go and move on.

I really do appreciate the advice, and have learned a lot of fine points. However, after spending a year defending myself against 7-pages of accusations from 3 women, many of which were blatant lies written by the SM, I'm not quite ready to lie down just yet. If I had done that a year ago, and had not defended against every single accusation, I'd be in deep trouble today. So, forgive my naivete if I post something on another forum with a slightly different tact. Again, thanks one and all.

Quote Quoting Gnomo777
    View Post
    I really do appreciate the advice, and have learned a lot of fine points. However, after spending a year defending myself against 7-pages of accusations from 3 women, many of which were blatant lies written by the SM, I'm not quite ready to lie down just yet. If I had done that a year ago, and had not defended against every single accusation, I'd be in deep trouble today. So, forgive my naivete if I post something on another forum with a slightly different tact. Again, thanks one and all.
    First, it's "tack" not "tact" - two entirely different words with entirely different meanings. And second, the law does not change from forum to forum. Just sayin'

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    First, it's "tack" not "tact" - two entirely different words with entirely different meanings. And second, the law does not change from forum to forum. Just sayin'
    Well he isn't going to stop till he hears what he wants to hear...
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast