Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Turning Left Right of Way

If the OP was drunk at the time of the incident then he can hardly be an objective judge of his own driving behavior.

There are many clues that indicate driver intoxication and many of them don't involve violating any traffic statute.

Quote Quoting Joseph_Reed
    View Post
    I still help volunteer in between throwing up and pooping blood from my chrons dealing with horrible pains.
    Alcohol could be contributing to those pains.

Read this:

http://www.whatscrohnsdisease.com/al...s-disease.html

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Alcohol could be contributing to those pains.

Read this:

http://www.whatscrohnsdisease.com/al...s-disease.html
    I dont know if I'm replying correctly but I didn't say the driver would have had to come to a stop besides for oncoming traffic makes him yeild while I was yeilding and evaluated the decision I made my turn certain he was unable to proceed with his my question still does not involve bac it is simply does right of way change if car who would have it is unable to for any or what amount of time if there is no case law I believe a common sense judgment should take place especially in the extreme example that they are unable to maneuver for an extended amount of time while you are very capable and dont risk any accident during that time

He does not necessarily need to stop. He only needs to yield (which means NOT conflict) with traffic that has the right of way, which in this case was any traffic comming the opposite way on 101. You on the other hand were obliged to remain stopped at the stop sign until conflicting traffic passes.

You seem to be arguing that the guy had to slow anyhow so you pulling in front of him didn't conflict. I'm not buying it.

By the way, probable cause is not the standard of proof required for a traffic stop. It is, in fact, only reasonable suspicion.

Quote Quoting Highwayman
    View Post
    By the way, probable cause is not the standard of proof required for a traffic stop. It is, in fact, only reasonable suspicion.
    Said that back in post #4.

Plenty of resonable suspicion once we pried the true story out of him. He had a stop sign and was entering US-101 where traffic had the right of way.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Said that back in post #4.
    Oops, so you did!

Okay well now I understand the law which I did not at the time I dont understand why the title was changed I never challenged his right to pull me over nor planned to I was asking simply if anyone knew of a circumstance similar and if ever yeilding changes. I have no interest in not volunteering information I apologize if you assumed a stop sign existed I did not claim did. Thanks for the responses but none have been what I asked for. I dont believe this site to be helpful if no one is willing to answer the question I asked thanks for turning it into what you wanted to know instead of me. I guess there is no example so it could have been a simple no no case law exists which change right of way thanks

1. You broke a law by proceeding into an intersection when you had a stop sign and cross traffic did not. This is the reasonable suspicion for the traffic stop. So initial stop is legal. If the officer even thought you cut it a little close and wanted to give you an informal warning, it is still a legal stop.
    2. Having a BAC of 0.08 or higher alone is sufficient to be convicted of DUI in the absence of other evidence. If you took and failed a roadside sobriety test (in the opinion of the officer) that also is sufficient to be convicted of DUI even with BAC below 0.08.
    3. Everyone believes they passed a roadside sobriety test but the officer is looking for details in your actions and responses that you are not aware of. One example is how smoothly your eyes track the pen as it is moved left and right. If your eyes move in a jerky motion, that shows you have impaired fine motor control of your eyes, a prime indictor of being under the influence, but the subject is never aware of the jerky eye motion. If charged with DUI you need an attorney, if you cannot afford one, ask for a public defender. A lawyer is your best shot at being found not guilty since you are fighting the interpretation of the roadside test.

Please ignore new title I did not change it to this.

During self reflection i have realized I have made this decision more times then I can remember over the years, and that I have I used this bad habit as rule of the road and must retrain myself.

Thank you yet again I appreciate your time. I guess my question was incorrect to not include all the information I was hoping to learn in the original posting. You have helped me Joef thank you for your time. I still implore anyone to please share legalities of yeilding changing when and how such as traffic controllers present. or a animal in the road?

I have difficulty articulating myself online I suppose that's why a admin changed the title? I have never been good at written language I truly dont understand a lot of rules. so please bear with me. I was hoping for help with these 2 questions which I will word as simple as I can

1 when does yeilding change and how?

2 does anyone have advice on where i start preparing for my defense?

Documents that will be requested such as health records?
    How to contact a lawyer in my area I guess I can look that up but that's what I was hoping for not someone to make my defense for me in hopes of representing myself.

I have found some of these answers myself.
    I am feeling this has now only added to my headache. Especialy with the title being changed to ask something I never wished answered.

I did not make the title challening probable cause. i do not know which admin retitled this post or how this site works it was originally turning left right of way. So please ignore what it says now.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast