Default How to Demonstrate Sufficient Assets to Obtain a F1 Visa

I have always had dreams to study In the US then come back and work in my country. But my parents are too poor, how can I have a good bank statement that can guarantee me a visa?

Default Re: F1 Visa

You need to show you have the money NOW for a year of tuition and living expenses and an indication of how you will be able after that to afford to continue to study and live in the US on the visa in subsequent years.

Showing money in the bank and a history of gainful work at home (bank statements and whatever passes for tax returns or proof of pay in your country) for three years prior are what is generally required.

Nothing can "guarantee" a visa.

Oh God, which means I can never get to my dream school. I wish my parents could provide that amount.
    Are there schools which demand a lesser sum of money for in a band statement?

This has nothing to do with the school. You're not getting a visa unless you can show you have the money to pay for your tuition and living expenses while here.
    If you are going to get financial aid for part of this, you need to have that worked out with the school way in advance.

What is available to you really depends on what you are planning to study and at what level, and what country you are coming from. All of this is WAY outside the scope of this LAW forum. There are forums in many countries for discussing such strategies.

Quote Quoting Clivert Ayeah
    View Post
    Oh God, which means I can never get to my dream school. I wish my parents could provide that amount.
    Are there schools which demand a lesser sum of money for in a band statement?
    There is a wide variation in the cost of tuition between schools.

We worked jobs in the US and could not afford to send our children to their "dream" schools. Why should you, who can attend school in your home country, expect to get a free ride in the US. Nothing you have said indicates you are qualified to attend any school in the US. You need to work on your English skills. You whining that you will be unable to attend your "dream" school shows you are awfully immature for a US education as an international student.

Get an education in your country that qualifies you for an H-1B job. Find an employer to sponsor you. Work in the US and save you pennies. Then you can pay to attend graduate school in the US.

OKisNotOK, His dream school may be Podunck Jr. College.

1. Sponsored Links