Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Situation Involving Dog, Room Mates, Kids

Tell the parents of the children that there is a "big mean dog that bites in the house". I know if you told me that, I would get my kid and leave and never let my kid back there again, with or without me.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    Tell the parents of the children that there is a "big mean dog that bites in the house". I know if you told me that, I would get my kid and leave and never let my kid back there again, with or without me.
    Another child could be invited over. In retaliation. The roommate(s) could harm the dog. Or let the dog out of the yard.

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    That is because you are intelligent and learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others. In this case the mother of the child knows the dog is a problem and persists in not only leaving her child alone with food and the dog, but has removed the gate separating them.

Doggie would be locked up in my bedroom if I wasn't home. Doggie may not care for that and will probably cause damage to the door, walls, furniture, etc. but better that than it hurting someone.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    You were given solutions. But, you do not want to do them.
    Those solutions are basically throw in the towel and modify our life completely to bend to there ignorant will. There has got to be a different solution. It happened again, we talked, they said tough shit, people before animals, which is hilarious because they’re literally leaving a 5 year old to the giant puppy’s mercy. It happened again today, we do not have the option to go other places, we aren’t going to take a place without a yard, and it’s absolutely asinine that we should be left to some random kids mercy because of other peoples deliberate conscious actions.

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    That is because you are intelligent and learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others. In this case the mother of the child knows the dog is a problem and persists in not only leaving her child alone with food and the dog, but has removed the gate separating them.

Doggie would be locked up in my bedroom if I wasn't home. Doggie may not care for that and will probably cause damage to the door, walls, furniture, etc. but better that than it hurting someone.
    This is what we are doing, and she is not a fan. It’s been scorching hot so we left her with ac on and gave our room mate the key to the bedroom and asked to keep her in there and only take her if there’s a fire or something, my wife was gone for 3 hours, came home and dog was locked outside, and she wouldn’t tell us how long she was out there, just that she was being loud and scratching at the door and she was “tired of hearing it”. My wife was about to swing on her, she was so mad. I told her boyfriend that until he dislodges his head from her ass, we are nothing but room mates and we will leave them alone and we expect the same. He told me that it’s not like that and said we were being petty and putting a “stupid dog” before people who matter. I said the only people who matter are people who live here. You don’t get to bring a guest and expect us to treat them like they’re on our lease. I have an appointment with the Landlord next week.

You are responsible for your dog. Your dog is no one else's responsibility.

Hope I am wrong. But, I do not think this will end well for a child and/or the dog.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    You are responsible for your dog. Your dog is no one else's responsibility.

Hope I am wrong. But, I do not think this will end well for a child and/or the dog.
    We are being responsible, they are the ones not being responsible.

You are the owner. You are the one that will be sued if your dog bites someone. If the dog destroys property. You are the one that will be sued.

A lot of landlords will not allow dogs that have a history of biting people. Your animal could be hurt or worse. Not to mention what could happen to a child. Your are trying to place responsibility on others. It is not their legal responsibility. They do not own the dog.

Quote Quoting DirtyMaxin
    View Post
    We are being responsible, they are the ones not being responsible.
    there is your problem in a nutshell!

You are at the mercy of irresponsible people and there's not really anything you can do to change their behavior. Did you ever consider that their behavior is part of a 'grand plan' to get the dog or you out of the house? If you can't or won't prevent them physically from letting your dog out then there's a good chance that down the road there will be a serious issue that will come back to bite You!

this is what happens when you deal with roommates, search in the forum for 'my roommate' and read through the horror stories of dealing with roommates. Most times the only solution is to move away from them and be done with it.

You can't fix Stupid!

"So basically, if my room mate brings a kid in to the house, leaves the dog gate open, gives the kid food and leaves the kid unsupervised with my dog, and my dog bites the kid, and even though my room mate knowingly bypasses the preventative measures, knowing the dogs behavior, and knowing what has happened before, and doesn’t tell us ahead of time she’s having the kid over to visit, and my dog bites the kids finger trying to snatch a chicken nugget, I am 100% liabile and they can sue me? And they get to keep being stupid irresponsible dumbasses and receive no consequences for their actions?"

Yep.

Stop being the idiot here. Either buy a big, strong crate for the dog (and stop providing excuses as to why the dog can't use one), or get rid of the dog or the roommates.

Gail

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2