Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Should You Decline an Offer of Supervised Visitation Before Court

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: nyc

So she granted me the week I requested to take my son with me after at court she said no and wanted supervised visitation. I rather take him with me for couple hours and wait for the court. She change too much her opinion and I dont want trouble. Am I being wise?

Default Re: She Granted a Week. I Declined. Am I Being Wise

I can't even tell what you're talking about.

"She granted me the week I requested to take my son with me." I assume this means the mother of your child agreed to a certain period of visitation that you requested.

"after at court she said no and wanted supervised visitation." I assume this means that, in a subsequent court appearance, your child's mother took a different position.

"I rather take him with me for a couple hours and wait for the court." I assume that, among other things, this means that you're waiting for some sort of decision from the court.

"She change too much her opinion and I don't want trouble." Good.

"Am I being wise?" About what?

Are you now or were you ever married to your child's mother? If not, has your paternity ever been established (and, if so, how)? Is there a current court order relating to custody and visitation? If so, please summarize it as it relates to whatever issue you are currently dealing with.

Paternity established. I am the noncustodial parent. Visitation hearing pending.

OP provides lots of background information in his previous threads.

And it doesn't matter anyway. He'll be back in a week or two blaming his own choices on his ex-wife, or her new spouse more likely, and taking the exact opposite position.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    And it doesn't matter anyway. He'll be back in a week or two blaming his own choices on his ex-wife, or her new spouse more likely, and taking the exact opposite position.
    Or finding a way around making his control and abusiveness okay and claiming the other child as his, while he doesn’t seem to care for the one he already has..

Ah guys come on. I need advise on my question no opinions from my previous post.

You requested something. She granted it with a condition. You turned it down. And you want to know if you were wise?

Sure, you were wise. That is, if your goal is to have the judge see you as totally uncooperative and unwilling to work with the mother of your child at all, caring only about calling the shots and not at all about spending time with your child.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a judge to see you as someone who is fit to take care of a child unsupervised, then no, you and wisdom haven't even been introduced.

Why do I even open your threads? It's like a train wreck - you can't help looking to see what idiocy you commit next.

She is unreliable and I cannot trust her. She at court requested supervised visitation now she is granting me a whole week with him? The judge will see she is inconsistent and not trusted

As I've said before, you just go right on believing that. I believe in giving you all the rope you want - it will be so much more spectacular when you hang yourself with it.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast