Default Interstate Probation Transfer and Extradition

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi and Colorado
    My daughter is currently on the tail end of probation in Colorado. She transferred the probation from Colorado to Mississippi in early 2017.
    In May of this year ,2018, she was charged with possession. Since then she has been in rehab and was accepted into a sober living home. She also has a sponsor and is really doing well. In addition to this she is 4 months pregnant.

On July 5, she was arrested on a warrant issued from Colorado stating they were extraditing her back . This is a misdemenor charge . She has been in jail ever since with absolutely zero information on how long before they pick her up.

The issue that I am having with this is that she has had complications with her pregnancy . They also refuse to continue her medication regimen that her addiction MD had her on. This includes antidepressant I am also concerned about the long travel from Mississippi to Colorado with her health issues.
    I am extremely worried abouy the health of my daughter and her unborn child which is causing myself and the rest of her family a enormous of stress. I cannot afford to hire an attorney and there does not seem to be anyone that can help without a HEFTY fee.

Default Re: Interstate Probation Transfer and Extradition

was there a question you were looking to get answered?

Is there a way I can find out how long before Colorado comes to get her and what I can do about assuring that she gets the appropriate medications and medical treatment while she is incarcerated

If she is fighting extradition, they won't extradite her until that challenge has been resolved. Is she fighting extradition?

She can ask the jail about continuing her prescriptions while she is incarcerated. If she is having trouble getting her prescriptions, she should speak to her criminal defense lawyer.

It's entirely possible and likely that as part of the agreement to transfer supervision to Mississippi, the defendant agreed to waive extradition.

1. Sponsored Links