Angry Is It Legal for My Ex's Girlfriend to Take Our Child to a Urgent Care

My question involves public health law in the State of:

I was initially told that my ex had taken our son to an urgent care stating our son had pink eye. Our child was than he was prescribed a medication that caused him to have an allergic reaction.

In the parenting plan it states that my ex can not make any non emergency or emergency decisions regarding health.

I do not believe pink eye constitute and emergency and our child had come home from his fathers with pink eye the previous week and finished his medicine that was prescribed.

When I requested the after care summary report he refused to give it to me or even the name of the urgent care center infromation.

When i found out by researching the doctor that prescribed the medication I than contacted the clinic and they informed me they could not give me any information due to not being listed on my childs medical records. They are trying to state that they believe our child needed emergency care but didnt take him to an emergency room just to an urgent care. I that contacted my child pcp provider to obtain the information and when i obtained the aftercare summary report
    I than found out that my ex didnt take our child he wasn't even there his girlfriend took him stating she was his step mother and they arent even married.

My ex's girlfriend used to work in the medical feild so she used her previous position to call in a cps report on me stating i was abusing and neglecting my child.

cps came and intervied my two older kids who have a different dad than the baby and informed me that she was closing the case as false and unfounded

I would like to know can she legally take my child to a urgent care with out my consent
    what l can I legally do to prevent her from obtaining unnecessary medical care for my child and not include my information on the records.

Default Re: Is It Legal for My Ex's Girlfriend to Take Our Child to a Urgent Care

I would like to know can she legally take my child to a urgent care with out my consent
    Anybody can take your child to urgent care without your consent if he needs urgent care.

Do you want him to die if he doesn't get the urgent care he needs?

There are more serious conditions that are often mistaken for pink eye, conditions that can cause blindness. So, yes, there was an urgent need for him to be checked out.

what l can I legally do to prevent her from obtaining unnecessary medical care for my child and not include my information on the records.
    You can deal with your ex in court (if you want to) about what to do about records and notice AFTER the child has urgent care but if you want to prevent your ex or his GF from taking your son to urgent care when THEY decide it's an emergency based on the conditions that THEY see at the moment, you aren't going to win that battle, nor should you want to.

Default Re: Is It Legal for My Ex's Girlfriend to Take Our Child to a Urgent Care

Many emergency rooms will recommend urgent care facilities rather than the ER because waits for lower priority cases can wait for HOURS before being seen. Whether this might constitute an "emergency" under your custody order, I cannot say and you may have to bring the matter back up to the court. But, I know that when my kids would get it, we headed to the doctor right away since it is contagious and can be most vexing for the person afflicted.

If you do not want your ex's girlfriend to take the child to the ER if something comes up, you'll have to have something added to the court order. Unless otherwise prohibited, or unless the court order states that he must be with the child 100% of the time during his custody time, who he has care for the child or watch them while he is away is up to him.

You can choose to return to court if you choose and ask that the GF be prohibited from contact with the child. Whether or not the court will issue such a decree is questionable.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links