Quote Quoting zags4champs
View Post
Yeah 2.5 years to report it to the city police because I finally learned they had jurisdiction over the incident because of where it happened, not who had the evidence (long weird story) which was the university police. I initially reported it to the uni police about 1 year after the incident. Of course if they didn’t want to investigate it I suppose they could have always referred me to the appropriate agency....
The fact you delayed reporting the incident at all is quite possibly why nothing was done.

But a year? Much of what the police need is lost. Memories fade quickly. Physical evidence is often gone.

If tou believed a crime is committed you really need to report it as soon as possible.

Beyond the evidence issues; it is often looked at that if you didn’t believe it was serious enough to report it when it happened, why should the state spend thousands upon thousands of dollars from a budget that is likely already tight to investigate it. While there are situations that justify a delay, most of the time there aren’t.

Quote Quoting zags4champs
View Post
Yeah 2.5 years to report it to the city police because I finally learned they had jurisdiction over the incident because of where it happened, not who had the evidence (long weird story) which was the university police. I initially reported it to the uni police about 1 year after the incident. Of course if they didnít want to investigate it I suppose they could have always referred me to the appropriate agency....
Your statement here, from one of your other threads is quite clear in when you reported the incident ;

About 3 years ago I was a male sexually assaulted by a female, which resulted in great bodily harm and required medical attention. I didn't report the incident until 2.5 years later, a full investigation was completed, but the prosecutor failed to file charges. This incident happened in Michigan, but I now live in
not a single hint that you had reported the incident after 1 year, even though waiting even that long will likely mean itís not going to be taken very seriously.