Default Ticketed for Driving With No Lights On

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
    I got charged with a cv:24250 hereís the story

My lights were flickering as I was about to check out the problem I was at a red light next to a jack in the box which was where I was headed to see problem , I was behind a police so I turned my parking lights on (I have a bmw so it turns on the daytime lighting lights in which also have a brighter bulb than from the factory) I did this so the cop wouldnít think I was flashing him and he pulled me over for not having my lights on I didnít explain to him my situation as I didnít want to argue as it was around 10 pm and I was headed home anyways , my question is would there be anyway to beat this ticket as it is a point and the fine was 390$ for this infraction , I wanted to do a trial by written Declaration but I want to get more information on how I should go about this

Default Re: No Lights on Ticket

Was it marked correctable on the citation? If so, you may be able to get the issue fixed and only have to pay the $25 correctable fee.

Default Re: No Lights on Ticket

I don't think anyone here can reliably tell you there is no way to beat the ticket, so the answer to the question asked must necessarily be yes. Not sure if that answers what you're asking. If not, feel free to clarify.

By the way, explaining a situation is not arguing, and I suspect an explanation might have gone a long way toward getting a "fix it" ticket instead of a moving violation.

1. Sponsored Links